26 July 2007

Chapter 24: Life can be a nice old rainstorm... [Today, and what's to come.]

[Currently on: The String Quartet Tribute to Joy Division/New Order - 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.]

Alrighty folks. Just for the record, there was something I actually should've done last week, that I finally got to take care of today. Oddly it had to be at work, but the gang understood that it had to be done. It was either that or I was going to be a total wreck for the rest of the day--possibly the rest of the week.

Today, for the first time since Saturday 7 July [the day Mike left DeLand], I had a good cry. A very good cry.

And, to be honest, I feel much better that I did, too.

All the stress from this past week and a half or so finally got overloading on me, and thankfully Assistant Manager Lowanda understood me. She even sent Manager Melissa to check up on me, sweet gal. Myshel covered for me for a bit, then Lana took over until I recovered [I cried - quietly!! - in the restroom, last stall], and after I got back she helped me out for Lunch. Melanie [a.k.a. Faith] took over for me after the Rush, and I played solitaire on the work computer.

Out of 8 games--

Computer - 3
Me - 5

And for someone having not played that in FOR-EV-ER!!, that ain't bad at all!! *w00t!*

So the Store Manager returns tomorrow, at noon [theoretically, but since this is the S.M. we're talking about I guess it's safe to say that anything goes], from her *ahem* 'vacation'. Manager JoAnne returns too [yay!!], and Assistant Manager Larry closes tonight--again. He hasn't been doing a good job of keeping an eye on his closing crew though... *deathglare*

I guess that, in perspective, sometimes it is a good thing to have a good cry every now and then. I mean, if not for a decent, good letting-out-the-chaos-through-tears-on-a-good-shoulder [even though in my case I didn't have a shoulder to cry on], then life would pretty much be a worse-case scenario of unnecessary ill-temperament, am I not right?

Plus, I actually feel a hell of a lot better after a much-needed 'emotional thunderstorm'--I actually feel like a decent little rainbow!! ^_^

Anywho, my hair's blue/indigo-esque again. No surprise though, since I intend to keep it blue for as long as I possibly can. *grin*

Well, that's all for now from the Excelsios Underground. Nothing new about the soccer hum-drum but, if you look at the sites I posted this week you should be up to speed.

Until the next round, Cheers!! XOXOXO [Mike, Crush!!]

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me