24 July 2007

Chapter 20: Madness takes its toll--please have correct change. [This week and its irony... so far.]

[Currently playing - 'See You Soon' by Coldplay.]

Meh, this work week from hell [as of yesterday] is so over. Thank. God. Ironically, yesterday was actually a decently good day. I'm already getting scared about the rest of the week!!

But anywho, so far, this week is alright. Store manager is out of town for 'another vacation' [WTF!? Didn't you just have one a couple of months back!? And I still haven't had one 'cause I'm slaving myself to the freckin' bone. WHAT GIVES!? ] so we're at the insane mercy of Assistant Managers Lowanda and Larry. Manager JoAnne is back [YAY!! ], so things shouldn't be too out of hand. [I hope.] And everyone likes the blue hair too--today one of my friends thought it was more indigo than blue. I actually thought that was cute.

Finally, I think I got the proper roster for the Depression Mix for last week [about fuckin' time too!! took me long enough!!]--

[Song - Band]

Mesh - New Order
Lovesong - The Cure
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
Secluded Spaces - VNV Nation
Warning Sign - Coldplay
So Sister - The Verve
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Hurt - Johnny Cash
See You Soon - Coldplay
Am I Wrong? - Love Spit Love
Compliments [Peel Session] - Bloc Party
Wild Horses - The Sundays
Sonnet - The Verve
Against All Odds - The Postal Service
Swollen Sea - Lovespirals
Passerby - Mira
How - Lisa Loeb
NWA - The Terrible Sea
Lost - Morrissey

...yep, the perfect soundtrack for a rainy day. And who could blame me, right?

I guess that's it from Excelsios now. Not sure what's to come this week. Maybe a visit from the boyfriend? Or not!!

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me