09 July 2007

~ Chapter 2: And so life goes as this. [This week. Y'all ready for this?] ~

~ YAY!! The title's working again!! W00t!! ~

[Currently playing: 'PDA' by Interpol (great band, first album's their best).]

Oi, oi, and OI!

This promises to be a very hectic week. Let's check this, shall we?

Yesterday--> Hung out at the parents' house for the first time in a loooonnnng time. Good to see the gang. Big younger brother was there too. Haven't seen him in months. [And he still has my Linkin Park c.d.....? Bro, gimme back my bloody 'Meteora'!! *deathglare*]

Got to hang out with the gang at Saint Barnabas too. Met the new assistant, Ed, as well. He's pretty cool. Definitely going to be a blessing to the parish. He's also psyched for September, when the Choir reconvenes. This promises to be good--very good.

Today--> Ahh... Monday, Monday. Bloody Blue Monday. *LOL* [It's a joke. Hair is blue... today is... aww hell, never mind. *sighs and watches as joke flies over the heads of readers*] Anywho, work today was alright, though a bit hectic as always. [And when hasn't it?] There was a post up in the Crew Room bulletin board, an open enrollment for employees who want to be Crew Trainers/Swing Managers. And I had to sigh in grief, really.

Last September I was interviewed by my Supervisor about Junior Management Training. I was up for it. And what's happened since? Probably next to fuck-all, really. And it's a shame.

I don't think... I don't think I'll get anywhere past Crew Trainer [technically Team Leader but, at this point, when all I do is manhandle the damn Drive-Thru day in, day out, what's the difference? (...exactly, there is none.) oi.] at this rate. I mean, I go through the daily routine. And yet the only Junior Manager at the moment is Joshua, who's an ACE at this, and he's been here not-as-long as I have. Hell, at this rate, I might as well just see drive-thru as my grave. Get cremated and have my ashes buried where the drive-thru C.O.D. [Confirm Order Display] stands, right under said C.O.D.

Yeah, what a fucking way to go. Good job training so hard, Sunshine. *sigh*

I mean, I love my job. I love my crew. I love my managers.

But in the end, when I look back and see all I've done... was it worth it?



...bloody hell. I'll make a Chapter 3 when I'm in a much better mood. I shouldn't have started going on about this. Until the next round, Cheers.

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me