20 July 2007

Chapter 17: Dear God, not again... [Following up on Chapter 16.]

[Currently on: 'See You Soon' by Coldplay.]

If I hadn't known that this week was going to be one very long Monday, I should've just wanted a vacation a long time ago.

Unfortunately, vacation shmacation. Not happening this year. Especially since issues with the crew are a nice factor in all of this. Then again, what else is new?

Well, a nice argument broke out in the managers' office [which was nicely positioned RIGHT NEXT TO BACK DRIVE-THRU!] between store manager, supervisor, and Manager Melissa. Just as I returned from break. Over an hour of ill-temperament. Not fun.

Then I check up with the grill team during changeover, said something to a customer, store manager throws a fit--BUT NOT AT ME!! However I was a total idiot and told her about what I said, almost explained why when she snapped at me--'I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, SUNSHINE!!'--and Manager Mary [from another store] smiled at me trying to cheer me up. It failed. I just went back to the hole and cried.

If that's any indication that tonight and tomorrow look promising as potential times of pending disaster, yep. Someone dig my urn hole under the COD screen, please.

Meanwhile I'm working on a new project to celebrate the week. ...yep, you guessed it: another StarMix. So far, here's what I have, musically, to commemorate this, erm, rather fun week [keep in mind that this isn't the final roster, it's just the first draft]...

[band] - [song]

New Order - Mesh
The Cure - Lovesong
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
VNV Nation - Secluded Spaces
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
Johnny Cash - Hurt
The Human League - Tell Me When
Coldplay - See You Soon
Mors Syphilitica - The Hues of Longing
Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong?
The Postal Service - Against All Odds
Mira - Passerby
The Terrible Sea - NWA
Morrissey - Lost

I'll post the final roster tomorrow, probably. Until then, hunt down these songs and educate your mind. [If you can't find some of them, I'll send you the file. Or something.]

In the meantime, I guess I better get going. Seems I might be out for the Tropical Nights festival in Downtown DeLand after all [infamous last words!], and I'm not really up for a tropical freak show. Bad enough I've my blue hair...

sunshine, shut the hell up while you're smart.

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

P.S. Mike, Crush. XOXOXO

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me