16 July 2007

Chapter 12: This Charming Night!! [Last night with Morrissey!]

[Currently playing: 'Girlfriend in a Coma' by the Smiths.]

From what you can see in the song currently on, I am still recovering from possibly the craziest Sunday night ever!! Yep, you guessed it. Morrissey's concert last night was an absolute blast! I loved it!! *w00t!*

Opening act Kristeen Young was alright. Though I didn't really think she was entirely great, she did put up a good kick-off to the show. Yeah, she was alright. I just couldn't really understand what she was singing. *sigh*

Once Morrissey and his band got onstage, Orlando became Mozz Angeles. The Hard Rock Live became the Mozz Rock Live. All in all, he took over the show--and lost a few shirts in the process!! Oi!!

I'll be downright honest though--for a man in his late-40's/early-50's, he's not bad-looking at all. :-) Looks pretty damn good to me.

The setlist:

The Queen Is Dead. +
You Have Killed Me.
In the Future When All's Well.
Disappointed.
The Last of the Famous International Playboys.
The National Front Disco.
Let Me Kiss You.
Girlfriend in a Coma. +
Everyday Is Like Sunday.
All You Need Is Me.
The Boy With the Thorn in His Side. +
Irish Blood, English Heart.
At Last I Am Born.
That's How People Grow Up.
I Will See You in Far Off Places.
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. +
The First of the Gant to Die.
I Just Want to See the Boy Happy.
Life is a Pigsty.
How Soon Is Now? +
*ENCORE* You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side.

Songs from his days in the Smiths are marked with a +.

The show was a definite blast. The only downside was that, short as I was, and rather not very strong, it was a pain in the ass to get to the front, especially as I was surrounded by taller and not-so-respectful people. Don't people know the meaning of 'EXCUSE ME!!' anymore?? Meh.Oh, and I got a pic of him early on in the concert. Let's hope that the pic comes out good!! *fingers crossed*

So Morrissey, if you ever read this [and I hope to God that you do!], please, please, please, come back, come back, come back... come back and take Orlando as yours again!! :-)

Otherwise, today's inspection went very well!! ^_^ But as it was Monday, and most of the day up until breaktime was crap, yeah. Thank God I'm off tomorrow.

...ohhh crap, that means I'm working Wednesday through Saturday straight. This isn't gonna be a fun week...

Until the next round, Cheers!! XOXOXO Mike, Crush!! And Morrissey, THANK YOU FOR LAST NIGHT!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me