08 July 2007

~ Chapter 1: ...why isn't the Title working? [I guess this'll have to be for now.] ~

Currently on is '1963' by New Order.

Alright, for some reason I can't type in the title. I don't know what's up with that, nor do i want to investigate that at the moment. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Eventually.

Otherwise, here's what's been going down.

Yesterday Mike left for home. Finally. At around 7- to near 8-ish. And I miss the kid already. I wanted to let him know about this blog, and the fact that I hope he has a safe journey, but as his dad was around and Mike himself was in a rush, I couldn't say a word. After I got back to my apartment I sorta cried about it. I was such a baby--well, not quite. That and, my heart just broke along the way. I had never had such a heartache like that.

So Mike, if you're reading this, just so you know, I still love you. But you shouldn't have told me to get going so suddenly. That was... bloody hell. That was just wrong. Otherwise, I hope your summer goes well. And yes, you're welcome to visit anytime. [Just, well, just call me in advance, okay? Thanks.]

*sigh* There. Got that off my chest. Thank God.

Next up, there's the biggest event of the month: Morrissey at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando next Sunday night!! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!! [Can you tell I'm extremely excited?]

I mean, I've been listening to New Order since I was a kid. Same with the Cure. And so it is with the Smiths. Now, for those who DON'T know, Morrissey was the lead singer for the Smiths. And yes, he still does music. He's got about 7 or 8 solo albums, 'Viva Hate' being his first, 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' being his latest. I still love his Smiths stuff the best [in fact, I have a mix full of 18 Smiths songs!!], and I listen to it from time to time. 'There Is a Light That Never Goes Out' happens to be my favorite Smiths song too. That and the following...

Rubber Ring.
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man.
Shakespeare's Sister.
William, It Was Really Nothing.
The Headmaster Ritual.
Panic.
Bigmouth Strikes Again.

...that'll round out my Top 10 all-time favorite Smiths songs. W00t!! :-)

Final topic of the moment, and speaking of Top 10's...

The latest on Radio WSKC [The StarKnight Chronicles Radio], as of Sunday 8 July 2007--

~ The Current Top 10 Joy Division songs ~
1] No Love Lost [Warsaw version, from 'Warsaw']
2] Novelty [Warsaw version, from 'Warsaw']
3] Transmission [Single version, from 'Substance 1977-1980' and 'Permanent 1995']
4] Love Will Tear Us Apart [Single version, from 'Substance 1977-1980']
5] She's Lost Control [from 'Unknown Pleasures' and 'Permanent 1995']
6] The Eternal, alternate Mix 2 [from 'Martin Hannett's Mix Tapes']
7] Digital [from 'Substance 1977-1980']
8] Twenty-Four Hours [from 'Closer' and 'Permanent 1995']
9] Heart and Soul [from 'Closer' and 'Permanent 1995']
10] Komakino [from 'Substance 1977-1980']

~ The Current Top 10 New Order Songs ~
1] Mesh
2] Vanishing Point
3] Turn
4] Someone Like You
5] Regret
6] Blue Monday
7] Touched by the Hand of God
8] Mr. Disco
9] Fine Time
10] Bizarre Love Triangle

~ The Current Top 10 New Order Remixes ~
1] The Perfect Kiss [12" version edit, from 'Substance 1987']
2] Temptation [Secret Machines remix]
3] Best & Marsh [12" version]
4] Evil Dust [remix of 'Angel Dust']
5] Everything's Gone Green [Martin Buttrich remix]
6] Blue Monday [Warren Lapham mix]
7] Confusion [Pump Panel Reconstruction remix]
8] Fine Time [Messed Around remix]
9] Regret [Tocadisco remix]
10] Krafty [Riton Re-Rub remix]

~ The Current Top 10 Songs on Radio WSKC ~
1] 'There Is a Light That Never Goes Out' ~ The Smiths
2] 'Lights Go Out' ~ Client
3] 'Evil Has Never' ~ Union of Knives
4] 'Tell Me When' ~ The Human League
5] 'Don't Go' ~ Yazoo
6] 'It's a Sin' ~ The Pet Shop Boys
7] 'Lovesong' ~ The Cure
8] 'Forever' ~ Dee Dee
9] 'Damaged' ~ Plummet
10] 'This is My Rifle' ~ Combichrist

...as you can see, we have quite a shocking twistaround in all of the countdowns, with some songs OUT and new surprising songs IN!

Check them out. You might like something.

Until the next round, Cheers!!

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me