25 July 2007

Chapter 22: All that heaven can allow. [OVER A WEEK JUST TO FINISH A POEM!? *LOL*]

[Currently playing - 'White Shadows' by Coldplay, album: 'X&Y'.]

Alrighteh, fellow madcap citizens of the Excelsios Underground, I have an announcement.

I am an absolute sap. No joke. An absolute, hopeless romantic of a sap.

Evidence: Today I'm listening to Coldplay.

And ONLY Coldplay.

Now, if this doesn't make the Duchess of Simpleton look like a toy kitty, I don't know W.T.F. does. I guess love does these things to you--you know, listen to songs you don't listen to often [like Coldplay... on repetition... all sorts of odd love songs... GAH!!], write poetry [can't believe it took me over a week to... wait, I'll get to that in a moment], daydream [hold up--I tend to do that a lot, don't I?], be a little extra nice to people [and it's bad enough I'm generally nice AS IS!!], and even dedicate a small something to someone [eh, Chapter 21, anyone?]. Love can make people [even crazy-enough people like me!] do crazy [if not crazier!] things.

Don't believe me? Hello, goth/new wave/punk rock girl listening to Coldplay here.

So the day passes by, and the album of the day was 'A Rush of Blood to the Head'. This was actually the first Coldplay album I bought, followed by 'X&Y' and then their priceless debut 'Parachutes'. 'Parachutes' and 'Rush of Blood' are my favorite Coldplay albums [they kinda lost the map with 'X&Y' there], can't decide which is better. Now, they're no New Order but, for the likes of love songs, this could be a nice dose of Britrock that I have no shame in listening to.

...yes, you heard proper. No. Shame. In. Coldplay.

Hey, I'll even scream it out too--

NO! SHAME! IN! COLDPLAY!



*ahem* In other news...

Yesterday I finally finished a poem after about a week of slaving whatever creativity I had on it. Came out good too; it's called 'Love Is a Guiltless Emotion', inspired by a title of a New Order song. Worth the headache too.

Otherwise... well... heck... store manager returns on Friday [about. effin'. time.], so we've been at the strange mercy of our Assistant Managers. Didn't get to leave work until an hour later too. I wonder if the store manager's gonna like the news.

Well hey, at least everyone likes the blue hair.

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me