25 October 2007

Chapter 84: ...you know, it's got me a-thinking...

Today, oh dear. What a morning.

Got all my morning chores done before 6 A.M. And then, at 6 A.M., the chaos began. And, last I checked, when I clocked out at 1:18 P.M. earlier this afternoon, it was still busy. And by damn I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't slow down a bit.

The highlight of the morning:

...by damn, that's a lot of quarters!! *headbash on keyboard* Sheesh...

...yup, y'all counted proper--$12 in quarters. And I had to freckin' count them all. That was not fun.

Adding to that, I hadn't seen Manager Joel at all except for when I was heading out for the day. Manager Lowanda was a bit on my last nerve, and the only Manager that's stayed on my good side--miraculously!!--was Manager Joshua!!

Speaking of Managers, Manager Larry's getting transfered to South DeLand. We're getting Carlina from South DeLand.

Now, allow me to ask the following question, uncensored:

What. The. Fuck!?

For one, I have absolutely nothing against Miss Carlina but, we just don't always see eye-to-eye on stuff. [Yes, I'd know. We've worked together before. She was there on my 22nd Birthday--my very first Closing Shift--among other odd incidents.] So, it's probably gonna be an odd round of dilemmas before I can adjust to working with her again.

Worst bit of the matter is Manager Lowanda will be holding the fort with the Crew Trainers. Which means that Karen, Kasha, Trev and I are at her mercy after Larry's transfer. And, to be honest with y'all, this is going to suck. I mean, hello!! Larry was probably the one Manager who really saw a lot of tough mettle in me when no one else really could or would have [except for Joel of course!!]. He managed to push my nerve to the limit by calling me in to work at night [2 weeks ago], having me clock in and help out--in my civilian clothes [about 3 weeks ago], and having me work in areas BESIDES the Back Drive-Thru. To be honest, I really owe Larry one helluva debt for making sure I colored outside the lines and jumped out of my comfort zone. When I get my brown shirt, I will truly be grateful for all that Manager Larry's put me through with my work experience. And, I guess, if it wasn't for him, I don't think I'd really get up the nerve to hold on to sanity during those 10-/11-hour workdays. I really wouldn't have hung on if it wasn't for Larry.

Meh, it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

In other news... well... I've been thinking...

...well, BEFORE we get to that...

...hee...

Hellooooooooooo Handsome!!

...yup, Ralf back in 1976. In glasses!!

Oh Lord, he is just a beautiful, beautiful man!! I <3 that Roboter!! *swoon*

...erm, ahem. Anywho.

I guess, well, I have been thinking that, maybe, just maybe there's someone out there for me. I just don't intend to keep my hopes up. I mean, I've been doing well since the break-up [thank God!!], and it's not like Mike and I aren't going to stay friends. We are going to stay friends. That's just... that's just how it all goes. I'm moving on at a considerable pace. And it's good that he's actually gone--he's in Scotland, and that means I won't have to worry too much about him AT ALL until January, when he returns.

Though, in the midst of all of this, there's that nerve inside of me that just... holds on to that last string.

I'm probably going to hate myself for saying this but, I still love him, even though it's over. But, it's not like it used to be. This love's died down a lot... mostly burnt to cinders and such.

I know, I know, I'm never going to be with him again. It's over, it's done, it's six feet under and all that. But still, I guess I'll always be a fool.

And perhaps that's one of the reasons [though now mostly insignificant really] as to why I have that slight hope of someone out there for me.

Just that, it hurts. It really hurts inside, that what's done is done and can't be changed, not ever nor even for all the world.

So... yeah... I guess that's my humble observation of the day really.

In closing, a brand effin' new poem:

"Proceed. With. Caution."

Spontaneous yet cautious,
slightly proud yet mostly humble,
royal-blooded yet simple-hearted,
meaning well yet misunderstood.

Holding on yet letting go,
losing hopes yet still dreaming,
lost in dreamland yet awake in the world,
knowing I'm no one yet knowing I'm someone.

Hating Cupid yet hoping in love somehow,
moving on yet standing still,
fearless to the world yet fearing the world,
and all the while... strange yet beautiful.


I guess this really is going to be a long couple of weeks...



...oh, and one final note of the moment:

This would be StarKnight Antenna...

...as a Mensch-Maschine!!

*clicky thumbnail!!*

Now come on, Excelsians--ain't he just ADORABLE or what!?

Until the next round... *or until i finally stop oogling antenna!!*

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me