23 October 2007

Chapter 82: Hiding away from the world... for a while.

These days, I think I've mastered the art of being elusive. Very, very elusive. I mean, I'm usually not this hide-away-from-the-world... -happy, but as of lately, yeah. I've been hiding. And perhaps I shouldn't be. But then again...

These days, I've opted to hide away from the world in peace and solitude, somehow.

Some of these afternoons have been spent in my apartment, without any company whatsoever. After last Wednesday's incident with Joshua [the dork, not the Manager] and after all I'd been through since, it's come to my conclusion. Sometimes, life's just better spent alone. As in, without any company whatsoever. In my tiny, humble apartment.

Plus, add to the fact that the only person that gets my happy-go-luckiness with Kraftwerk, well, he lives all the way in New York. Sooo... that makes matters just a tiny bit more difficult. Not that a bit of difficulty is a bad thing but, come on already...

Last night a friend of mine called me to see if he and I could just hang out tomorrow. I politely declined, stating that, even though it's my day off, I'm busy. And I am! [Just got paycheck today--finally, taking care of rent and cell phone tomorrow, all this and I still gotta work on my Kraftwerk fan fic, which I hadn't done since... er... Chapter 8... and that was... uhm... back on 27 September... and it's 23 October now... ohhhh crap...]

Pretty much, I'm enjoying my singlehood. Because right now, I've got not a lot of time for relationships. [Hellooooo, Junior Manager in training here.]

Speaking of, Manager Larry's got us Team Leaders reading a book--starting with me reading it--called "Grinding It Out." Basically, the story of McDonald's, told by Ray Kroc himself. I read in that book one particular phrase that kept me going through the rest of today:

"Work is the meat in the hamburger of life."

In closing, life's been busy. Not that I don't want to be busy, but that's life. And life being single isn't all that bad, thank God.



...oh and, did I mention Cupid rhymes with stupid?

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me