08 October 2007

Chapter 73: I didn't come this far...

To be honest here, I really hate being 24 years old. Seriously.

So far, Friday AND today, I worked 11 hours in hell. [Today was even worse--new system screwing up EVERYTHING *gee, thanks chris*, no break, and of course we're shorthanded and slammed like nobody's business.] I finally got around to congratulating Agathangelos on his engagement. Ended up working yesterday... on my day off... in my civilian clothes... which means I'll make sure to never again come to work just to eat on my day off when Assistant Manager Larry is on duty. I realized this morning I forgot to take home my Choir Music so I could practice for the next two weeks for the Bishop's Visit [uber-crappola!! *panic button!!*], considering I have to work this upcoming Sunday [which uber-sucks]. On top of all of this, I don't even know when the next Crew Trainers Meeting is, and the worst bit just has to be that damn new system that Chris got in. AND we've been set back on the new computers--AGAIN!! This time the dates are November 6, 7 and 8.

To which I respond, I'm not counting on those dates. We're getting the new touch-screens... next year.

Yes, I'm a cynic. Point being?

So, in the meantime, supposedly, I'm going out for coffee with this guy, David, whom I met on my Birthday at Open Mic Night at Caffe da Vinci. Only problem is, with my luck, sometimes I just wonder how I do so well meeting guys, only to end up on the losing end of the battle versus Cupid. Plus with my ex jynxing me the last time around, basically, the odds are fairly slim about things going between David and I. However, I do have some high hopes about this. We did have quite a good conversation ranging in a good slew of topics Thursday night.

...oh and, he's already found me on MySpace. *LMAO*

Until the next round--which, as usual, is all Kraftwerk...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me