11 October 2007

Chapter 74: Off the air!? [Read on, you'll see what I mean.]

[The content of this post was actually written up last night. Today it's presented in last night's original format. I'll update in the next post.]

Wednesday 10 October 2007/10:10 P.M.

Alright, the 'Net throughout the entire Daigaku is down. Yes, y'all read proper. By the time you finally read this, the 'Net will have already been back up [and it would be Thursday instead of Wednesday too].

Tonight [Wednesday 10 October 2007] I made a particularly interesting wallpaper featuring my favorite Mensch-Maschine. Yep, y'all guessed proper--Ralf Hütter of Kraftwerk. And let me tell y'all--for a German technopop hero from the town of Düsseldorf, at age 61, he looks pretty damn good. Did I tell you he's got what could be considered to be steel-blue eyes!? Yes, steel-blue eyes is a German thing and, by golly, he just might as well possess 'em.

...no seriously, if you haven't noticed how blue his eyes really, REALLY are... *sigh*

I swear, I just love his eyes. And his voice--I absolutely love to hear him singing. Especially if it's in German--best example belongs to "Neonlicht" ["Neon Lights"] from "Die Mensch-Maschine" album. As far as him singing in English, I could name a good list but, at the top has to be either "Computerlove" from 1991's "The Mix" or the title track to 1981's "Computer World" album. Really, he has a lovely tenor voice. ...okay, so maybe he isn't meant to be in a choir but, still! he sings really good!! ^_^ What!?

Right now it seems to me that the song of the night is "Adorations" by Killing Joke. And it's a bit of a surprise to me because I haven't heard this song in weeks!! I'd forgotten just how much I loved this song. Kinda goes well with "Mesh" by New Order, "Ice Pulse" by the Cocteau Twins, "Rise" by PiL [Public Image Ltd.], and "Sketch for Summer" by Vini Reilly--also known as The Durutti Column. I don't know what it is about these songs when they're put together but, they just sound so... so... unique together, y'know? ...oh, and I can't forget "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division, "Fade to Grey" by Visage, and [of all things, but still!] "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House.

...yes, out of all the Crowded House songs in the entire freckin' world, I'm in love with this one. What!?

But anyway, yes, tonight I plan to be an absolute insomniac. Problem is, I wanted to work on my "Trans-Europa" story and, I left my story timeline in--of all things--one of my workpants. So now I gotta find it or else my story's gonna be a bit lopsy, if you understand my point of view. At this point Ralf's fallen for Johannes, who's wondering why Ralf doesn't have a heart still. Florian and Elizabeth are slowly progressing towards their own feelings for each other, while Karl and Anneke [as of the last Chapter, Chapter 8, which was written with them in mind] were starting to really trust each other as well as their own hearts. And Rebekah's wondering how the hell she got stuck with a playboy like Wolfgang--don't worry, I think there'll be more written about them. I think it's the next Chapter [Chapter 9] I designated for them. But, no worries, folks. Wolfgang and Rebekah are well meant to be together. Trust me.

So, as I'm typing this and--every couple of minutes--catching myself oogling at the real Ralf's steel-blue eyes [as in, HELLOOOOOOOO TROUBLE!! *swoon!!*], I'm looking back on the days since my birthday and, I'm surprised at myself at the following:

--I met a cute guy on my birthday... problem is, I left him a message last night. He still hasn't called me back.
--I saw one of my *ahem* 'hopeless' crushes this morning and, damnit! I should've given him my number, because he wants to hang out with me sometime!! EEE!! *happy dance!! happy dance!!* Yay for me!! ^_^ ...don't worry, there's always Friday, since I'm off tomorrow... :-\ Damn...
--I actually saw Rex TWICE yesterday!! He was pretty happy to see me!! And yes, he's still cute.

I swear, Cupid's name may rhyme with stupid but, heh.

However, at the same time, my heart's still on guard, still on that high shelf. I have to be careful. I can't... I don't really find myself thinking much about guys [except for Ralf, Stephen Morris of New Order, and Clay Aiken... what!?]. And, considering what I'd been through these past couple of months, I'm... I'm still not ready to get back into any relationship whatsoever. I can't really be ready to risk having my heart shattered again.

Or could I?

Which leads to a new subject matter--RESPECT. Yes, y'all read proper. Respect. Because of this particular situation.

This old man came through the Drive-Thru, ordered an Egg McMuffin, wanted a Snack Wrap. Considering it's 8:30 in the morning, we're not on Lunch for another two hours, and he gave me a slight attitude. Then he gets to my window and, after finishing up the transaction, before he leaves for the second window, he says the most insulting and, particularly, upsetting thing that anyone could tell a short-chested tomboy with short hair [and I'm using his exact words here!!]:

"Did you leave your titties in your other shirt?"

Now... allow me first of all to thank the good Lord that I didn't take one of my markers and threw it full force at him. Because, so help me God! I was pissed!! Hell, I was pissed about it for the rest of the day. And I still am 14 effin' hours later!!

Because, come on. You don't disrespect people. And he's lucky I didn't cuss him out either because, Joel knowing me by now, he knew damn well I'd just turn into Princess Kakyuu [Fireball Princess] in an eyeblink.

...yeah, I'm THAT pissed.

Worst bit of the matter is that, it was an insult. An absolute, downright, degrading insult! Let me explain.

I, for one, have a relatively small chest. Size A and proud. I don't mind it, I have nothing to prove to the world. And it helps because I'm a tomboy. Slight androgygnous [having a boyish and girlish appeal at the same time] feel to it. I could wear guys' clothes fairly well. Same with most girls' clothing. So basically, I'm a tomboy, maybe I could do very well passing for Ralf from Kraftwerk for Halloween this year, and I know I don't need no damn C or D cups to be like, "Damn I'm sexy!!" I know I'm sexy... especially by being myself. Yes, being myself is a good thing for me, because like I said, I have nothing to prove to the world. Except maybe by proving that I don't have to follow society's standards of showing skin to be sexy. I'm confident and happy by being myself, and I can't be any happier than that for the most part.

But when someone insults me just because of a bodily flaw... in this case my small chest... then it turns into fighting words. Because, let's face it. You wouldn't like it if someone insulted one of your bodily flaws like that... that... c-nt did!!, right?

...yes, I just HAD to use that word, censored. I'm that mad about it. I just... I just can't take this lightly.

I told Joel about it. That c-nt's lucky he didn't get snared by Joel, or he would've been well banned from the store for sexual harrassment [according to Lana]!!

But yeah, Joel knows I'm one ticked-off goth/new wave/punk rock girl. He knows I'm gonna have a good dose of words for that c-nt that, hopefully, won't involve me using that word I'm calling him by. That c-word. Yeah, that one.

I'm amazed that I have quite a bit to say tonight, given the fact that I've only made two things--OH YEAH!!! I made my very first Kraftwerk Komic!! Currently it's called "Die Mensch-Maschine", but it's bound to be something different. It's kinda cute. The theme for the first episode, #0: Autobahn, is, well, the album "Autobahn" and, in this case, Ralf's moment of "I <3 My Volkswagon!!" humor. Hee.

...aww damn, I'm already giggling just looking at it!!

But anyway, enough B.S. about the c-nt tonight. Back to Kraftwerk!! <3

Did I tell you I love Ralf's steel-blue eyes?? *swoon*

...hey, at least I'm not bitching about that c-nt!! :-\ I'd rather talk about Ralf "I've got steel-blue eyes 'cause I'm one awesome German!!" Hütter than that jerk that insulted me just 'cause I'm a short-chested tomboy.

And on THAT note, I'm back online!! Yes!! The Underground is reconnected to my outside world!! Woohoo!!

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me