07 October 2007

Chapter 72b: Birthday #24 Photographique. [This weekend in pictures.]

...I swear, I gotta get this done before I watch that darn Ralf mini-dancing to "Airwaves" or I'm never gonna be able to get the chance 'cause that darn Mensch-Maschine just has that way of his with distracting me, y'know??

Saturday night I was at the parents' for my birthday party. Oi.


Earlier in the morning, I caught the sunrise.


[--whoa!! that pic came out very, very good. yay me!!]

Friday was the second day of being 24, and I would've only hoped it wasn't as nerve-wrecking as yesterday but, of course, I was mistaken. Worked 11 hours that day. However, there was an interesting bit about the afternoon--a nice reminder of Kraftwerk's "Autobahn" which, as the song was on, I took notice of.


Oh, and I even got to bring all the stuff that one of my friends got me for my birthday.


Trust me, I was anything but bored.

That night, it was Simchat Torah ["Happy with the Torah"] at the Temple!!


As you can see, the Torahs got a good dancing-around with!! Aaannnd, the kids and I got to have some Simchat Torah candy!!


I got to help out with carrying the Flag of the Nation of Israel. That was a cool experience too. Behold, exhibit A:


And... the surprising treat of the evening--I got to light the Sabbath Candles!! [Trust me, it's. An. Awesome. Honor.]


Thursday was my Birthday and, needless to say, after all I went through in the months leading up to it, I was right when I said, It just wasn't a day worth celebrating this time.

One thing about it--Naruto was late in taking me out to dinner!! *momentary deathglare* Two hours late to be exact!! The only way I killed time in the earlier part of the two hours was by taking pictures of my hometown's Downtown District.

Heh, this is my hometown...


Skies to the south, a near-sunset to my right.


The historic Athens Theater at the end up ahead.


...yeah, I'll admit it, I'm a goober.


The mural at Painters Park.


The beautiful Old Courthouse, which was renovated and is now the new Office of Elections.


Better shot of the 'Volusia County Courthouse' heading, at the main entrance.


Our new City Hall!! Yay!!


Neon lights,
Shimmering neon lights;
And at the fall of night,
This city's made of light...



[Those two pics--the West Facade of the Old Courthouse. Lyrics: "Neon Lights" by Kraftwerk.]


And finally, our New Courthouse!!

...so yeah, that's what I've done on my Birthday this year.

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me