22 August 2007

Chapter 45: Cupid, life, and the world... against me!? [As Morrissey put it once, it's war!!]

[Currently listening to XFM Manchester online. Good stuff.]

Alright, Excelsians. It seems that Cupid, life, and the world have declared war on me and my little fragile heart. So it wants a war? Fine, but they aren't gonna like me for it! Quite possibly, I could be their worst nightmare. Or not.

Meanwhile, a stupid yet sort-of sensible idea plinkered on my mind as I was heading to the Daigaku [University] library--I could make myself an absurd version of a promise ring. Goes as such--it'll serve as a reminder to be loyal to the boyfriend. Of course, if he calls it off [which I pray to God that does NOT happen, given the current circumstances], it'll also serve as a reminder that, once I put that shattered heart back up on the shelf, it's NOT leaving the shelf again. I'm just...

I'm just tired.

Cupid's treated me as a joke, life's been unfair and harsh, and the world might be succeeding in convincing one of us that this isn't going to work. So what better thing to do than to glare at said enemies, flip them the bird and say 'HEY! WOULD Y'ALL LIKE LEMON OR LIME WITH THAT PIECE OF ADVICE, BASTARDS!?' Of course, me being the so-called streetwise common sense, meh. Might as well take them on in full force. I'm ready.

It's just that, even a heart that glows with a warm light is extremely fragile--it's just a heart of glass that reflects the sun's bright rays. And that's probably the only proper way to describe a heart that loves with all it has--my heart that loves with all I have--a heart of pure, fragile glass.

I don't know. I guess I'm just bracing myself for the worst. Praying that I won't be overcome by the chaos that Cupid, life and the world throw at me at an unmerciful speed!

Somehow, I don't know where I really stand anymore in the heart of the boyfriend, really. Hell, that should be the last thing I ever should worry about but, as I am currently under the weather, and this week's been madcap with Store Manager Joel at the helm of North DeLand [my work], and as I'm about to rework my blue hair a bit later on, how on earth did this become my main concern again?

For the record, and for the heck and fun of it, the song of the day, as well as my battle cry:

Blur - "Song 2" ~ Come on, how could anyone not want to take on their worst enemy with a background track like "Song 2"!? In the words of My Chemical Romance, 'Hallelujah--LOCK AND LOAD!!'

And, for the boyfriend, in case this relationship somehow has drowned in the lost chaos of it all...

Tomihira - "Mr. Disco" ~ Yes, a cover of New Order's "Mr. Disco" except, this is one hell of an awesome cover. Just... pretty...



I'm just going to close with a reworked line from "Rubber Ring" by the Smiths--

Do you [still] love me like you used to?



Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me