29 August 2007

Chapter 53: On a much lighter note... [The Top 50 songs of this summer!]

Alright folks, this is what the Underground's been waiting for all summer! With the end of summer swiftly approaching, it's time for the Top 50 songs of My Own Summer 2007. It's been a fairly crazy one, with a surprising twist-around of tunage from June to August. In the end, surprisingly, it was a good run.

The Top 50 Songs of the Excelsios Trans-Underground Express,
My Own Summer June-August 2007

1] Heather Parisi - 'Disco Bambina'
2] Kraftwerk - 'Trans-Europe Express'
3] Kraftwerk - 'Metal on Metal'
4] The Pet Shop Boys - 'Where the Streets Have No Name [I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You]' [12" extended mix]
5] The Durutti Column - 'Sketch for Summer'
6] Sixpence None the Richer - 'Don't Dream It's Over'
7] Haddaway - 'What Is Love'
8] David Bowie - 'Space Oddity'
9] Daft Punk - 'Da Funk'
10] The Sundays - 'Wild Horses'
11] Radiohead - 'Fake Plastic Trees'
12] Donna Lewis - 'I Love You Always Forever'
13] Polaris - 'Hey Sandy'
14] The Postal Service - 'The District Sleeps Alone Tonight'
15] Death Cab for Cutie - 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark'
16] Pete Yorn - 'Murray'
17] Blessid Union of Souls - 'I Believe'
18] Brandy featuring Wanya Morris of Boyz II Men - 'Brokenhearted'
19] Al Green - 'I'm Still In Love With You'
20] Al Green - 'Call Me [Come Back Home]'
21] Crystal Waters - 'Gypsy Woman [La da dee da da da]'
22] Talking Heads - 'Once in a Lifetime'
23] New Order - 'Mr. Disco'
24] Coldplay - 'Don't Panic'
25] Radiohead - 'Street Spirit [Fade Out]'
26] Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories - 'Stay [I Missed You]'
27] Kraftwerk - 'Metropolis'
28] Chantal Kreviazuk - 'Turn the Page'
29] Sarah McLachlan - 'I Love You'
30] Incubus - 'I Miss You' [acoustic version]
31] Bread - 'It Don't Matter to Me'
32] The Cocteau Twins - 'Ice-Pulse'
33] The Rolling Stones - 'Wild Horses'
34] My Chemical Romance - 'The Ghost of You'
35] The Smiths - 'Rubber Ring'
36] Killing Joke - 'Adorations'
37] New Order - 'Vanishing Point'
38] Beth Orton - 'Pass in Time'
39] Dir en Grey - 'Merciless Cult'
40] The Verve - 'On Your Own'
41] New Order - 'Mesh'
42] Joy Division - 'Twenty Four Hours'
43] Stockholm Monsters - 'Winter'
44] Joy Division - 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'
45] They Might Be Giants - 'Snowball in Hell'
46] James Taylor - 'Fire and Rain'
47] Snow Patrol - 'Chasing Cars'
48] Jimmy Eat World - 'Your House'
49] Bruce Springsteen - 'I'm on Fire'
50] Tomihira - 'Mr. Disco'


*whew!!* Never thought getting the full top 50 would be easy. Anywho, there you guys have it!!

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me