20 August 2007

Chapter 41: @_@!? [This entire freckin' weekend, and the week to come.]

[Currently playing - 'Pacific' by 808 State.]

If you've never been to DeLand for the annual Punx Picnic, go next year. You don't know what the hell you're missing...



[outside-stage insanity, punk style. sat 18 aug 2007.]


Saturday was the 2nd annual Punx Picnic at Caffe Da Vinci and, between 15 bands on two stages, it was a whole mess of fun.



[inside-stage insanity, i'm hiding behind the band a bit! sat 18 aug 2007.]


Most of the bands were pretty freckin' awesome. Great night all around, made some new punk friends. Highlight of the night however was a band named the Antics, a local band, who reunited just for THIS gig! Quite a thrill all around to watch this band, especially since one of my friends [actually, he's one of my regular drive-thru friends, heh] was the bass player in the band!!

Oh and, HE WORE HIS FOOKIN' RAMONES SHIRT TOO!! AWESOME!!



[go jason go!! w00t!! sat 18 aug 2007.]


I recovered a bit from last night, enough for me to get up and actually see just how beautiful yesterday actually was...



[en route to faith's house!! sun 19 aug 2007.]


So I hung out with my best friend Faith, and we both had the time of our lives when we went to see this person in concert last night at the Hard Rock in Orlando...



[if y'all guessed clay aiken, give y'self a gold star! sun 19 aug 2007.]


Made more new friends, and Faith and I had a ball!! For one I sang along to every song I know, except for 'Lover All Alone'. First time hearing that song--and I actually CRIED!! The lyrics were heartbreakingly beautiful, and I can actually relate to it. Emo point of the night there, folks.

But another thrill was when, during the intermission two Claymates gave me and Faith glowsticks for the final song, 'Because You Loved Me', and this became a beautiful sight to behold at said song:



['because you loved me.' sun 19 aug 2007.]


Another great highlight was when Faith and I got in the 'bus line' so that Clay could shake your hand [okay, more like a quick slap, as there were quite a good lot of us!!], and Clay got both my hands. Cue infectious giggle here.

So, today's my day off, and I'm recovering well, except I'm a bit sore, and my voice is shot. Thank God I don't have to deal with drive-thru today!! However, tomorrow to Saturday I'm a workhorse from hell, so prayers will be uber-apprecionated!

And, some surprising news that I didn't get to report about on Friday, due to time constraints--I was on a hectic schedule Friday...

Junior Manager Brianna's transfering to Brandywine. So too is Store Manager Barb. And Swing Manager Rebecca is moving to Texas.

As of today, we have a new store manager--Joel, who was store manager of Brandywine. Hopefully things will improve here at North DeLand, though I feel some of the effects of losing people that you've either just met [like Bri], or you've known for a long time and had a good strong bond with [like Barb], or you didn't get along with at first but now have a *somewhat* decent bond with [like Becca].

I will definitely miss these three.

In much more depressing news--today was the funeral for Tony Wilson. Hooky and Steve from the Order were there.

R.I.P. Tony.

Song of the day, because it's Monday: Queen and David Bowie - 'Under Pressure' --especially since that's what these next 5 days will be for me! Luckily, with Joel joining us, it shouldn't be too bad.

Quote of the day actually is from the boyfriend, in a response to my e-mail:

"I'm forever blowing bubbles... pretty bubbles in the air... they fly so high... almost reach the sky... then like my dreams they fade and die... fortune's always flighting... I've looked everywhere... I'm forever blowing bubbles... pretty bubbles in the air"

Come on you Irons!


Two things more--

Manchester City 1, Manchester United 0!!

Meanwhile, Mesh FC is in 8th place in the NOOL league for Fantasy Premier League. *cue in blank stare* Ah well.

One final note: Welcome back, returning Stetson students, and welcome aboard, incoming Stetson freshmen!!

...oh crap, today's also the first day of the Volusia County school year, is it? And it runs 'til JUNE this time around!?

For the record, this week just might be not so good...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me