06 August 2007

Chapter 32: 'I'm bringing sexyback!!' [Possibly my biggest music post ever!!]

[Last played: 'SexyBack' by Justin Timberlake (yes, you read proper!).
Currently playing: 'Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless/La Da Di La Di Da)' by Crystal Waters.]

Alright, this is probably the most fun for a musical blogpost. I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday, so this post is not only for the boyfriend but also for those who absolutely love music and never knew I loved some of these songs.

Hands down this could be my biggest musical blogpost yet!

This is what I'm aptly calling the strange soundtrack to an even stranger life, part 3: The 'Anything Goes and I've Got No Shame in It!' StarMix.

Note--while I may be, in heart and spirit, a die-hard goth/new wave/punk rock girl, there are just some things that, while they're not in the g/nw/pr spectrum, they're a huge part of me because they helped shape my life. They made my Life Soundtrack a bit more unique, a bit more surprising. A bit more fun!!

And so, with that, here we go...!!

The theme song to my life:
Polaris - 'Hey Sandy'

The love song:
Death Cab for Cutie - 'I Will Follow You into the Dark'

The appropriate 'rainy morning day afternoon evening night' song:
The Verve - 'So Sister'

The 'old-school freestyle' song that always bring back memories of home in Miami:
Afrika Bambaataa and the Soul Sonic Force - 'Planet Rock'

A song linked somewhat to New Order [link: Factory Records]--this was also the theme song to that movie of the same name:
The Happy Mondays - '24 Hour Party People'

One ace song from the 90's--but where are they now?:
Elastica - 'Connection'

A fun sing-along song from the elementary school days, riding on the bus after school:
Crystal Waters - 'Gypsy Woman [She's Homeless/La Da Di La Di Da]'

Some Italian pop for you folks, from 1980 *cue shameless 'I LOVE THIS SONG!' moment*:
Heather Parisi - 'Disco Bambina'

The 'guilty pleasure' song that you'd swear I didn't like [but that I did end up liking 'cause it grew on me!]:
Justin Timberlake - 'SexyBack'

Another fun sing-along song from the days of elementary school [and early middle school too]:
The Bucketheads - 'The Bomb'

A song to make some people wonder, from back in the day:
C+C Music Factory - 'Things That Make You Go Hmmm....'

One of those old-school dance tunes from the early 90's:
Culture Beat - 'Mr. Vain'

Another fun dance tune--Miss Waters is ace with those songs, seriously:
Crystal Waters - '100% Pure Love' [The Club Mix]

...okay, another 'guilty pleasure' song--I'm so shameless:
Double You - 'Please Don't Go'

This song damn near ALWAYS makes me laugh and, when I'm with some friends, I lip sync this song and do goofy supermodel poses that make ALL of us laugh [another guilty pleasure--good times!]:
Right Said Fred - 'I'm Too Sexy'

Now come on, how the hell could ANYONE not hear this song back in the day:]
Daft Punk - 'Da Funk'

Pump this jam up:
Technotronic - 'Pump Up the Jam'

Memories of watching planes take off and land at the Miami International Airport with Dad and younger bro Robbie return everytime I hear this song:
Haddaway - 'What Is Love?'

Insert shameless dancing/sing-along moment riiiiiiight... here!:
New Order - 'Here to Stay' [The Chemical Brothers Remix]

Come on, you know David Byrne is right with this song:
The Talking Heads - 'Once in a Lifetime'

Alison Moyet had an incredible voice back in the day, she still does [yes, Alison's a she, and she was defo amazing as the voice of Yazoo]:
Yazoo [Yaz in the U.S.] - 'Don't Go'

Possibly the best underrated Human League song in existence:
The Human League - 'Tell Me When'

My 'little red dress' song, 'nuff said:
Client - 'Lights Go Out'

Another fun Polaris song [though not as good as 'Hey Sandy'!!]:
Polaris - 'Waiting for October'

Hee... always get a laugh with this song:
Blur - 'Girls and Boys'

I know, this is sooo wrong, but it's a 'guilty pleasure'--and just a jump to the left... [come on, y'all know the rest]:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 'The Time Warp'

One of the best Radiohead songs ever:
Radiohead - 'Idioteque'

'Turn that light off you c*nt!!':
New Order - 'Blue Monday' [Warren Lapham Mix]

Now for a slight bit of a jazz-esque remix [and because this song is sooo cool]:
ABC - 'Poison Arrow' [US Jaxx Mix] [or the Trevor Horn Remix]

And finally, if my life were to be a series, this would be the ending theme song:
The Sundays - 'Wild Horses'

...and there you have it!! Thirty songs that helped turn my life into an absolute madhouse of fun. That should give your mp3 player a nice boost of madness. That and, it'll actually bring a spring into your own soundtrack step, too!

Enjoy the noise--I know I am!! And until the next round, Cheers!! XOXOXO Mike, Crush, and I hope you like the music!!

~ 'Sunshine' [DJ FAC999 in da house!! *LOL*]

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me