21 August 2007

Chapter 44: Alright, this goes out to everyone in love tonight... [New StarMix, gang.]

[Currently playing: 'I Love You' by Sarah McLachlan.]

Alright Excelsians, I may be sick but damn it to hell! I'm in love, hurts like hell, but I've got a post to type up--a proper post even!! Oi!!

This blogpost is for those of us who are in love, but suffer for its sake. For those who are separated from loved ones because of circumstances beyond their control. For those who are with the ones they love because they want to, no matter what happens. For those who will risk their whole heart even if it hurts them in the end.

Above all, this is for the hopeless romantic, the helplessly beloved in all of us.

Sixpence None the Richer - "Don't Dream It's Over" ~ I never really got into the Crowded House original, but this cover spoke wonders for me. Sweet stuff.

Al Green - "I'm Still in Love With You" ~ In light of the recent ill-mood swings from the current illness, this one's for the boyfriend.

Lisa Loeb - "Truthfully" ~ For those who somehow fell in love unexpectedly, accidentally even, this is your waltz. Hands down one of my all-time favorite songs too.

Train - "Get Away" ~ News Flash: I don't mind some Train every now and then. But out of all of them, this is my favorite song from them, with "Meet Virginia" [their debut single] in a strong close second.

The Sundays - "Wild Horses" ~ Harriet Wheeler took this Rolling Stones classic to a whole new level with this cover. And this doubles as a good prom last dance too, but don't tell the high school principals, alright?

Sarah McLachlan - "Angel" ~ For the record, this alternative-rock chick is a total sap. And you know I'm a total sap if I have a track by the very talented Miss McLachlan.

Pete Yorn - "Strange Condition" ~ Kinda reminds me of that one time I had to work a Sunday and I was an emotional wreck. Hey Mike, remember that one Sunday? This song was on. Come on, you know what Sunday it was!!

Aqualung - "Extra Ordinairy Thing" ~ Okay, I admit it: I'm in love with Aqualung's "Strange and Beautiful" album. This is one of its best gems in the crown.

The Postal Service - "Recycled Air" ~ This song will ALWAYS bring me back to the first time Mike stopped over at my apartment. We ended up talking until 3 the next morning, took an hour and 15 minute nap, and I had to get ready for work!! No joke!! Good times.

The Terrible Sea - "NWA" ~ First heard this song last summer, when I saw the Sea in concert that one time. This song got my attention; sadly they disbanded later on in the year, left two good songs behind. This, again, is for Mike.

The Durutti Column - "Sketch for Summer" ~ Honestly, whatever Vini Reilly was thinking when he made this song, he's a genius. One of the best instrumental tracks of all time.

Snow Patrol - "Chasing Cars" ~ Honestly, I love this song. This goes to Sora, because I promised him I'd find him this song. Hey Sora! found the song, now listen to it already, aiight!?

Blessid Union of Souls - "I Believe" ~ Posted this last night but it deserves another showing, because this song belongs in this StarMix. Just listen to the lyrics [or reread them from last night's post!].

Death Cab for Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" ~ Another song for the boyfriend. Found this in particular for him. Lyrics pretty much say it all for us.

Jimmy Eat World - "Your House" ~ My favorite Jimmy Eat World song. I wasn't sure whether or not to put it in the StarMix but I added it after I saw I had some disc space in it!

Sarah McLachlan - "I Love You" ~ If you're in love, and you love someone dearly, but don't know how else to say it, here's the song.

Coldplay - "We Never Change" ~ Possibly one of the sweetest Coldplay songs, period. Just... waaaawwww....

The Cure - "Lovesong" ~ The classic gothique love song. And it's definitely going to the boyfriend. Robert Smith's words just say it all. Heck, it's just... sweet, y'know?

Lisa Loeb - "Stay (I Missed You)" ~ Fell in love with the song the first time I heard it. Lyrics just say it all. What better way to round out this StarMix than with this amazing tune?

To all the lovers in love out there in the world, until the next round, CHEERS!!





...and Mike, crush. :-) XOXOXO

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me