26 August 2007

Chapter 50: This machine will not communicate. [More thoughts, more pictures, more music.]

[At the starting of this, at the time, the song playing: 'Street Spirit (Fade Out)' by Radiohead.]

As I said in Chapter 48, I was gonna post some pictures from Friday night's service.

So... this is the adorable 7-year-old who's crushing on me, I think. His name is Ben.



[aww...! friday 24 august 2007.]


Ain't he just the cutest little darling? Told you he was adorable.

He was the little boy who sat with me throughout the entire service Friday night. Why? Mostly because he wanted to, so his parents let him sit with me. He behaved very well for the most part. Biggest thrill of the night was when he and his dad were called up to the Torah.



[his dad with the big Torah, and ben with the little Torah. big fun thrill of the night. friday 24 august 2007.]


After the opening Torah prayers, it was time for the usual procession around the Temple with the Torah. In this case, both Torahs had a run-around. Ben went around with the little Torah first, followed by his dad with the big Torah. Everyone at the Temple had a wonderful thrill watching both father and son with both Torahs. I know I had a good time watching and singing along.



[ben and the little Torah, during the Torah Procession. his dad followed with the big Torah. friday 24 august 2007.]


After the Torah reading, Ben sat down next to me for the rest of the service. I told him I was very proud of him. He was just giggly, shy, bashful, and grinned at me. Just... waaawww...

In other news, my kindhearted Episcopal church family is thinking the boyfriend's only been distracted because he's psyched for heading for Scotland soon. I'm not sure if I noted it here but, I'm excited for him also. Just that... my heart's slowly breaking... nothing changes.

I'm happy for him, I just don't really know anymore where I stand. Maybe, hopefully, things will be better, things will be normal again, when he gets back in January.

Friends are a true blessing, because they help put things better into perspective. Thank. God. For. That.

And now, the very first official StarMix in the My Own Autumn 2007 musical collection. Because of everything that's gone on, this one deserves the apt title of the 'Brokenhearted' StarMix.

Sarah McLachlan - "Full of Grace" ~ This song fits perfectly for the soon-to-be-here cold weather, the season of winter, and a broken heart.
Aqualung - "Another Little Hole" ~ I can't really describe this song. It does, however, bring up the emotional state I'm in.
Beth Orton - "Pass in Time" ~ Possibly one of the most bittersweet songs ever. Sort of what I need right now. And that's why it's here.
The Verve - "On Your Own" ~ Because sometimes these guys are right. I don't care if they're absolute crap, that's your opinion. This song says quite a bit for me. End of that part of the discussion.
My Chemical Romance - "The Ghost of You" ~ My only fave MCR album was 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge', and this was one of my fave tracks on there. Nice little case of the sad song creeps.
New Order - "Mr. Disco" ~ Because sometimes a dancable track from 1989's masterpiece 'Technique' can say sooo much...
The Cocteau Twins - "Ice-Pulse" ~ With lyrics like 'I could have done something differently' and 'You can't heal what you can't feel', I'm sure someone could feel that ice chill down their spine, straight for the heart. Oi!
Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You" ~ Something about this song, it just sounds... I don't know... glum...
Tomihira - "Mr. Disco" ~ Yes, this is a cover of 'Mr. Disco' originally done by New Order. Tomihira has done this band and cover good justice. Just as bittersweet as the original.
Radiohead - "Fake Plastic Trees" ~ The other sad song from the band's amazing album 'The Bends'. This song has the line at the end 'If I could be/who you wanted/all the time... all the time...'
Al Green - "Call Me (Come Back Home)" ~ If I were to post a song that would speak much to Mike, this song would probably it... among many others. Al Green knew what he was sayin'. Oi!
Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" ~ Yes, that interesting cover of the legendary Joy Division classic. But with the lyrics, and the way it's been done, you can't really go wrong with this cover for this StarMix, right?
Incubus - "I Miss You" (acoustic version) ~ I posted this song last night but thought it deserved a repost because, this song deserved to be on the mix. Especially since this one's going to the boyfriend.

You can download this Mix one by one, pluck out your favorites, or [if like me at times you lack patience] download the zip file.

Brokenhearted 2007 - The ZIP file

To be honest, I think I've said all I needed to say today. I'm sure I'll think of another mix though, because, knowing me, I'd probably not be done saying what I think should be said. Time to go over to my MOG and post up some more music.

P.S. Those of you Excelsians on MOG, yes, I'm on there too. Hee!

Until the next round...

~ 'Sunshine'

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me