06 September 2008

Chapter 177 ~ ...oh for the love of... NOT AGAIN.

Just like last year. Getting over a minor heartache--Roboter and I have talked only 4 times these past two weeks. And work is a mess. AND...

one of my friends is engaged. That I once had a crush on. It's StarKnight Skater, whom I've known for 5 years now.

You know, I really don't seem to do well the last month before my Birthday, it seems. What happened a year ago... *hunts through the archive*

--OH YEAH! Pouncer gave me word of Agathangelos' engagement which, unfortunately, I didn't get to attend the wedding of. Something that, unfortunately, I still get upset at Siren over, but as long as neither of us mention the wedding my temper's at bay.

Tuesday 25 September 2008 ~ Chapter 67 ~ Sort of a Depressing Turn of Events.

Okay, I need to stop moping but, there's been a lot going on these past two weeks that, I'd been so worn out I didn't even remember to do the Top 20 so, before I forget altogether let's take care of that.

Starian Union Radio Top 20 [sorry this is 2 days late, all]
1] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea
2] "Harley David [Son of a Bitch]" - Bollock Brothers
3] "Handle With Care" - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
4] "Lost in the Supermarket" - The Clash
5] "Primitive Notion" - New Order
6] "New York" - Micro Chip League
7] "Say" - John Mayer
8] "The Queen Is Dead" - The Smiths
9] "Banana Pancakes" - Jack Johnson
10] "The New Pollution" - Beck
11] "New York Minute" - Don Henley
12] "Banquet" [The Streets Remix] - Bloc Party
13] "Let's Push Things Forward" - The Streets
14] "New York Minute" - Don Henley
15] "Theft, And Wandering Around Lost" - The Cocteau Twins
16] "Shut Up And Let Me Go" - The Ting Tings
17] "Charmer" - Kings of Leon
18] "I'm Gonna Be [500 Miles]" - The Proclaimers
19] "Falling Down" [Chemical Brothers Remix] - Oasis
20] "Mayor of Simpleton" - XTC

Alright, that done, things need to be addressed, *stat*--

~ Rage Against the Machine, you are definitely some serious heroes in the music world. --those wondering why I say this, this recent YouTube from 2 September sums it up quite nobly:
"Bulls on Parade" and "Killing in the Name of" - Rage Against the Machine

For the background on this, read more at the blog on Above the Fold.

~ Siren, thank you again for the half-gallon of mint-chocolate chip ice cream. Sadly I haven't snacked on that since you visited Tuesday afternoon. I haven't finished the half-gallon though... got a helluva long way to go.

~ Kit darlin', whoop your ex in the behind on my behalf, because he kinda screwed up our hang-out time Thursday. Or not. In any case, see you Monday afternoon after I'm done at three. Hopefully. We defo need to hang out.

~ DJ, your comic version of Trans-Europa is nothing short of brilliant!! --for those who aren't familiar too well with her she's a fellow Barney's Angel and, she's 15 and LOVES Kraftwerk. And she draws wonderfully. I have evidence.

This is her cover for her comic version of Trans-Europa *it's a clicky-thumbnail because, really, yes, it's kinda big to fit on this blog, but it's still awesomeness*


~ Louise dear, I never thought you'd get the tail end of the storms we Floridians/American folk get as far as Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, and the like. My thoughts are definitely with you. As well as to all in the path of these darn storms. I hate 'em, don't you know? [Hurricane Andrew started it all for me, Summer of '92, folks.] And I do want to thank you again for putting together this for me, which is my song of the day for today:
"Neon Lights/Neonlicht" - Kraftwerk


~ Saint Barnabas folks, the Choir says, as of tomorrow, weeee're baaaack!!

~ The Verve, THANK YOU BIG TIME FOR REUNITING!! I didn't think you guys sound THIS awesome now, I'm definitely getting your new album ASAP, because this song's been playing on the indie station here. I didn't recognize you guys... OMG. I'm defo happy you've guys got new stuff out; hell, I didn't even realise you guys had your new album "Forth" out on 26 August--gosh I'm behind...
"Love Is Noise" - The Verve *yes, the verve!*


~ And finally, Roboter--yes, I saved you for last, 'cause everything I've had to say to you, I've e-mailed. I'm not gonna repost all that on here. Kinda lacked the patience for it.



...alrighty folks, I think I've just about said everything that should've been said this week. And tonight, for the first time in two weeks, I think I'm going to bed with a helluva clearer conscience. And God himself knows why.

*sigh* Now, anchoring down for the consequences of the letter--I'm hoping against hope that... well... the situation won't be as bad as I've been wigging out on.

*fingers crossed!!*

And until the next round, which won't be until Tuesday most likely...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me