01 September 2008

Chapter 175/3 ~ Okay... so I'm bored... MUSIC TIME!!

I know, the last thing I should be on my day off is bored but, Kit's not awake and Roboter's at work and Siren's in Miami. Sooo... what better thing to do at the moment than post some music. Yes, it's an 80's go-round. Again.

*sigh* All for the sake of anti-boredom, happy Labor Day.
Track uno, 'cause... hello, it's Monday...
"Blue Monday '88" - New Order


One of my all-time favorite Police songs, grew up listening to this...
"Synchronicity II" - The Police


I know, some of you are gonna go, WTF, Sunshine...
*but i love the song so let's ask me if i care...*
"Mickey" - Toni Basil


Okay, the lyrics aren't that easy to make out but, I still love the song anyway, and it's a staple on my near-150-song "Go Sunshine Go!" playlist on my iPod...
"Love Plus One" - Haircut 100


Okay, this track's actually from '79 but, it's my favorite song of all time and, it's also on my "Go Sunshine Go!" playlist...
"Transmission" - Joy Division


And, how the Helen of Troy could you NOT love this song!? Really...
"What I Like About You" - The Romantics


I know, I know--Sunshine, why the hell are you posting THIS song on here? Uhm... maybe because I like the song...
"People Who Died" - The Jim Carroll Band


Just heard this song a couple of days ago actually. I almost forgot about this classic...
"A Girl Like You" - The Smithereens


One of those all-time favorites. Why not...
"Goody Two Shoes" - Adam Ant


Another New Order favorite. Honestly much better than the original Technique album version...
"Round & Round" [7" version] - New Order


How about another Smithereens track? Actually, that's my fave Smithereens track...
"Only A Memory" - The Smithereens


Last night my fave radio show, Sunday Night Vinyl, played this classic gem. And for the fun of it, hey! it's the Clash! It's going on this post...
"Police On My Back" - The Clash


Some recent-school Erasure. What!? I don't mind some Erasure every now and then. Now get over it, m'kay?...
"Chorus" - Erasure


Sing-along time, folks. You know this one...
"Don't You [Forget About Me]" - Simple Minds


From the Livid Festival in Australia, a Joy Division cover...
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - The Cure


And because I have, like, 4 or 5 different covers [including the one above] of the classic, the original...
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division


This track's for Roboter, as Friday night I was listening to this song and, as he usually does the grocery shopping on Friday nights hearing this song reminded me of him. I told him so last night and, to my surprise he had never heard the song. Roboter, this track's for you...
"Lost In The Supermarket" - The Clash


Okay okay, one more Clash track; last one for this post, I promise [omg. i never thought i'd end up posting lots of clash today. htf did that happen?]...
"The Magnificent Seven" [12" version] - The Clash


Sing-along time, once more--come on, I CAN'T HEAR YOU...
"Video Killed The Radio Star" - Buggles


And finally, because this is in my opinion one of the best "love songs" ever written [and it describes me proper, despite the fact that while it's true, never been near a university, i'm damn intelligent thank.you.very.much!]...
"The Mayor of Simpleton" - XTC


...well damn! I think I outdid myself today for this Underground Soundtrack but hey! it was worth the... erm... hour and 20 minutes to put this together! *lol* Mission accomplish. And I even found my favorite love song of all time, which was, no surprise, "Mayor of Simpleton!"

Yay me, punks. ^_^


Okay, I think I'm done blogging for the day; enjoy the tunage, Citizens...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me