13 September 2008

codename ~ STORMFIGHTER

For those who don't know, I'm scared stupid of storms. And it's all because of a time that, when I was 8, I looked outside the windows of my grandparents' house to witness my very first hurricane. His name was Andrew. Thanks to him, I've been afraid of storms since. Especially if, yep--they were hurricanes.

I don't really do well with nasty weather. The only time I'll actually tolerate storms is if I'm at work [then it's not so hot in drive-thru] or if I'm at home [then I could sleep 'em away or something]. And technically I should be used to handling storms by now--I'M A FLORIDIAN FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!!

All in all, I've really not a lot of patience for storms. Maybe a minor rainstorm. But thunderstorms... Tropical Storms... Hurricanes... no. I'm just a minor bit scared of 'em all. I hear about a Hurricane and--*roboter has heard it for himself!*--in short I just panic. I have to beat that PANIC button until it breaks.

The codename~STORMFIGHTER StarMix [albeit a minor short one--just two songs this time]

Yeah, I know. What a first song to start off with but hey. Thank you Shirley Manson for a song about being happy when it's pouring outside!
[/sarcasm]
"Only Happy When It Rains" - Garbage


The first time I heard this song was when I was at work, and Tropical Storm Fay was making her way through. That was last month too! When I heard this one of the regulars and I agreed that hey! Jack got it right, that fellow. Since then it's became my go-to song for when I get stuck at home, rained in. I'm not a big Jack Johnson fan, but I definitely love this song.
"Banana Pancakes" - Jack Johnson


A minor note--I'll be 25 in three weeks from today. Oh. bloody. joy.

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me