10 September 2008

Chapter 178 ~ *meh. part two.*

Okay, considering I've been God-awful busy these past handful of days... well, I'm irritable at the moment. With the exception of Roboter and a good small handful of coworkers, I'm starting a minor warpath of a rant.

First of all, the weather's just a mess. Thank you, Hurricane Ike. 'Nuff said on that subject.

Other than, from Yahoo! News - Hurricane Ike over Gulf of Mexico, aims at Texas.

Second, to everyone that made my day at work pisstabulous--and if you're reading this and you KNOW that in some way you got on my last nerve in my 5-to-1 workday!--F off. The last thing I need is for your lack of thinking skills, your lack of manners, and your attitude thinking that the entire world revolves around YOU, to get me at my brink. Bad enough I'm pushed to the brink to get 105 cars during Breakfast Rush and ONE-HUNDRED-AND-GODD*MN-TWENTY CARS through the Lunch Rush. And I'm tired. And I'm in a bitchy mood. And if you were among the few and MANY that got me this way, I really, really dislike you. That's all I'm saying on this matter.

*sigh* And, sadly, third--a moment of silence needed, for two of my friends:
--for my friend Paul in the loss of his father. Paul is the director of the Middle School Youth Ministry at St.B's. He's also a fan of the 4th Doctor, as well as a good friend of mine.
--for Hester, a former coworker of mine who, upon learning she had cancer, moved back home to Ireland a couple of years ago. Last night our maintenance man Ross, who would often call her to check up on her and update the few of us who worked with her, got a call from her son with the news that she had died.
--for a friend of mine on Opacity.us, codename Taubin, who had to put his other beloved dog, Lulu, to sleep on Monday night. Earlier last month he had to put his first dog Bozo to sleep. Both pets had lived long lives. And I once again grieve for Taubin.

The Count of the Mourners' Tears now stands at thirteen, two of them belonging to one of my friends, and one of the deaths a former coworker of mine.

I think the rant of the day I posted on Opacity.us pretty much sums it up for today:

Death, where the hell did you come from, and when the hell are you going to stop throwing your damn two cents' worth into my quarter-life crisis?

The past 5 months, 11 of my friends have lost either a pet or a loved one. One of them had to say goodbye to BOTH of his beloved pets. And this morning I hear of death #13 in what I call my Chain of Mourners' Tears--and this time, you finally decide to end the misery of a fellow coworker who, when she learned she had cancer, moved back to her native Ireland. To die. And this was a couple of years ago when she left. Now, this morning, I hear you struck again.

What more are you going to do, before 4 October, when I see the last 6 months of being 24 filled with... with... YOU!?

I'm afraid of you. And I know I shouldn't hate you, for the faith of a Believer. But I do. Because the pain's too much to bear, the heart grieves because it loves. And all I can do is shed tears in peace, knowing there isn't much else I can do for the ones who grieve.

So thank you, once again, for--even though there is no suffering and I rejoice in that--you otherwise added to an already pissy day I've been having. I hope you're happy now.




*sigh* And I still need a good cry, and a good nap, before I can get to class tonight.

Oh and, I had a quote of the day, from my coworker Michelle but... sadly I've forgotten it, I've been much too glum today.

*meh. life is a mess. and i'm in the middle of it.*

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me