26 September 2008

codename ~ CHAOTIC

This week was alright... up until yesterday afternoon, when basically all hell kinda broke loose, so your music post will be up... NOW.

The Starian Union Radio Random 20 for yesterday, Thursday 25 September 2008
Theme ~ Indie Intelligence [Through the Years]
1] "Finish Line" - Michael [2002]
2] "Lost In The Supermarket" - The Clash [1979]
3] "Hang Me Up To Dry" - Cold War Kids [2007]
4] "Radiation Vibe" - Fountains of Wayne [1996]
5] "Fans" - Kings of Leon [2007]
6] "Shut Up And Let Me Go" - The Ting Tings [2008]
7] "Mayor Of Simpleton" - XTC [1989]
8] "Down The Line" - Jose Gonzalez [2007]
9] "Handle With Care" - Jenny Lewis + Watson Twins [2006]
10] "Your Woman" - White Town [1997]
11] "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn + John [2006]
12] "Don't You Evah" - Spoon [2007]
13] "I Feel It All" [Britt from Spoon Remix] - Feist [2007]
14] "Monster Hospital" - Metric [2005]
15] "Like Eating Glass" - Bloc Party [2005]
16] "A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend [2008]
17] "Australia" [Peter Bjorn + John Remix] - The Shins [2007]
18] "No One's Gonna Love You" - Band of Horses [2007]
19] "Procession" - New Order [1981]
20] "Simple Economics" - Pedro The Lion [2000]

Song of the Day ~ I'd been searching like mad for literally MONTHS for this song. I'd only heard it, er, twice? All I remembered was the "When you're nothing but a boyfriend" line from the chorus. Found it today and I'm so freckin' thrilled! So much so that, it's become my Song of the Day!
"Simple Economics" - Pedro the Lion


Song of the Week ~ From the compilation The Emo Diaries - Chapter Nine: Sad Songs Remind Me [which I'd found earlier this week and am listening to like mad all over again], the one song I'd heard on the radio a couple of years ago. Literally. It stuck in my head since. And I just rediscovered this gem--not only is it on the Indie Intelligence StarMix for the Random 20, it's also my Song of the Week.
"Finish Line" - Michael


Album of the Week ~ Another gem from the great indie compilation is the 8th track, which I'm utilising as the spotlight on the Album of the Week, which is the aforementioned Emo Diaries 9. A great tune to bop my head along to.
"When The Light Becomes Green" - Settlefish


Remix of the Week ~ Another rediscovery is this tune I heard this morning, which I actually hadn't heard in a while. The original, found on the album The Reminder, has been a favorite of mine for a while. Feist does an amazing job with the brilliant acoustic guitar of hers, and the album has her playing the piano too, I think! But there's something about a remix that makes me drift along and hum along and, this does that for me. Britt from Spoon did some proper remixing, and considering I haven't heard it in weeks it sounds pretty new to me. And I love it! It's the Remix of the Week.
"I Feel It All" [Britt from Spoon Remix] - Feist


I know I've mentioned Jose Gonzalez before but I am in love with the album In Our Nature which features the song I'd first heard of him by.
"Down The Line" - Jose Gonzalez


I remember I first saw the video for this song. I got the nerves scared stupid out of me. I prefer the song!!
"Monster Hospital" - Metric


And finally, for some old-school--NO I'm not posting the Clash this time!!--the song I chose is a long-time favorite of mine. This was when the band was still trying to figure out just what the heck they were doing with their music. The year at the time was 1981, a year after their former lead singer Ian Curtis committed suicide. This track is, in my opinion, one of their finest moments in their musical career.
"Procession" - New Order


Meanwhile, this week was nothing short of chaotic. National People Week at work. Dubbed McDonald's Crew Appreciation Week, which is basically what it is. Many pictures were taken, which, when I get more energy and time, I will gladly post on here. But yesterday was just too damn trying, and today wasn't really any better. Store Manager Joel knows I'm worse for wear right now, and probably thankful I'm off for the weekend. Except, all I know is that, next week's schedule isn't posted yet, and I'm basically in on Monday A.M. according to Joel. Which means that chances are I'll be off next Saturday, for my Quarter-Century. Which that itself means, I'll be absofreckin'lutely BORED.

Parents will be busy with kid siblings' games.
Friends and coworkers busy with work and/or out of town.
Boyfriend at a convention.
Best friend still in DC.
Hometown best friends at work.

And basically, that means I'll be celebrating both before AND after, but not on the day of. And that's really, REALLY going to suck.

I think I shall make myself a copy of this StarMix for the day for myself, an early Birthday present if you will, which I'll gladly listen to on my Birthday. All by my Goddarn lonesome.

*sigh* What a way to celebrate the great 2-5.

~ me, codename CHAOTIC

1 comment:

Catalina Rufin said...

Hey! Guess who got a blog!

Don't worry Sunny I didn't copy you. I really wanted a blog for my comics so I decided to give this place a try since my comic teacher recommended it. See ya around!

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me