11 September 2008

I'm Addicted to Thursdayholism!!

Happy Thursday, Underground Citizens! :-) But before we get to a new idea for the Starian Union Radio Top 20, a moment of silence is in order, for two reasons:
~ for my coworker Sarah, whose daughter's cousin was killed recently.
~ for the victims in New York, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon, of this day seven years ago--this day to not be forgotten.

Alright, that done, new idea for the Starian Union Radio Top 20--how about the Starian Union Radio Random 20? Since I've darn near lost track of it all, and seeing it's been the same old baloney-and-queso, I think WSUR needs something just a tad bit different. Sooo... time to crank up the 'Pod at random and have some fun here. What say y'all? We up for this or what?

The first ever Starian Union Radio Random 20! ~
1] "Every Day Is Halloween" - Ministry
2] "Rise" - PiL
3] "I'm Gonna Be [500 Miles]" - The Proclaimers *Song of the Week*
4] "Boots of Chinese Plastic" - The Pretenders *NEW!!*
5] "Vanishing Point" - New Order
6] "How" - Lisa Loeb
7] "Luno" - Bloc Party
8] "Another Morning Stoner" - Trail of Dead
9] "Say" - John Mayer
10] "The Metro" - Berlin
11] "Mayor of Simpleton" - XTC
12] "People Who Died" - Jim Carroll Band
13] "Morning Glory" - Oasis
14] "Love Is Noise" - The Verve *NEW!!*
15] "Singing In My Sleep" - Semisonic
16] "Bulls On Parade" - Rage Against The Machine
17] "Neon Lights/Neonlicht" - Kraftwerk
18] "American Girl" - Tom Petty
19] "In Your Eyes" - Peter Gabriel
20] "No Love Lost" - Warsaw

Also, before I forget, the song of the week, as I noted, is "I'm Gonna Be [500 Miles]" by The Proclaimers, which is David Tennant's favorite band. [Tennant's the one who's the 10th Doctor on Doctor Who in case anyone here forgot.]
"I'm Gonna Be [500 Miles]" - The Proclaimers


Meanwhile, The Pretenders are RETURNING!! *YESS!!* This song aired yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go to work. I've only heard it, er, twice? I fcuking love it already. Their new album will be out next month.
"Boots of Chinese Plastic" - The Pretenders


AND, Forth by The Verve is my album of the week. This is my favorite track from the album, a rather almost-punky side to 'em. Richard Ashcroft+Co. are just outright brilliant on this track. The entire album in my opinion is ace.
"Noise Epic" - The Verve


So there you have it--I declare Thursday as our Official Music Day here in the Underground! Here's to the great random [ORGANISED!!] noise that is music!!

Until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me