12 September 2008

codename ~ TECHNO

So, the countdown to my birthday is, T minus three weeks from...

tomorrow!? Oh man... where's my PANIC button?

And so, with that in mind, the Chapterness will be on a minor, three-week hiatus so I can really start to reflect on a quarter-century that's developed within me. In this case, I'm recalling to my memory and your know-how 21 minor tidbits about me; they're classified as codenames. And the first in the codename series, TECHNO, blinks towards the side of me that indulges in electronic music. Big time. And that love is rightly--and mutually--shared with one particular person, to whom this post is especially for.

What better way to celebrate the weekend than a post-'em-up-on-the-blog StarMix? It's been a long week--it's time to freckin' CELEBRATE!!

Kicking off the codename series, and this crazy StarMix of my fave techno from both past and recent, is a song that, I swear, Roboter fcuking loves. In fact, not only did he drive me halfway up the wall to where I decided to play the song for him on my darn 'Pod, but this song's been stuck in my head ALL BLOODY DAY LONG!! Thanks a bunches, hunny... :-P Hey, it's all good.
"Satisfaction" - Benny Benassi


And while I'm thinking ahead on the industrial tidbit, how 'bout some Combichrist? Now mind you, a couple of years ago before the car died, I would go to Indie Bar twice a week--Saturdays for 80's night, Wednesdays [now Thursdays apparently] for Goth/Industrial night. And this was one of the staples.
"This Shit Will Fcuk You Up" - Combichrist


Note--this will NOT be an all-male music post. Welcome aboard, Client!!
"Drive" - Client


And now, from Germany with love... And One!! Saw 'em last year April when they opened for VNV Nation. Fcukin' awesome set. This track was one of 'em.
"Military Fashion Show" - And One


How 'bout us some old-school industrial? Thank you, Front 242!!
"Headhunter" - Front 242


Currently I've got this song on repeat. This is actually my favorite of Benny Benassi's stuff. Roboter's probably gonna be like, OMGWTF...!?
"Who's Your Daddy?" - Benny Benassi


Anybody remember this track? --hey, I had a crush on Richard Patrick from Filter at the time this song came out. What!? The tune itself is ace; Richard's just proper eye-candy on the video!!
"Trip Like I Do" - The Crystal Method [feat. Richard Patrick]


And... well, since I'm nice and I'm just as big a fan of this song, why the heck not?
"Busy Child" - The Crystal Method


Some more Combichrist. Roboter's probably rolling his eyes. Or not. But anywho, this is my favorite Combichrist track. I just... I just bloody love this song.
"This Is My Rifle" - Combichrist


Back to some girl-power. More Client!! "I've got my red dress on..." ...yeah, needless to say I have two red dresses, thanks to this song. What?
"Lights Go Out" - Client


And while I'm still in a femme-fatales-of-techno, I think the lovely Goldfrapp deserves to be in this StarMix as well. Though my fave track from her is "Ohh La La", I do like this song very much as well...
"Slide In" - Goldfrapp


Jumping back a couple of years... okay, maybe about a decade or so... some Chemical Brothers, anyone? Yeah, I know, you remember this one...
"Block Rockin' Beats" - The Chemical Brothers


And, going further back, some more Front 242; it's an alright tune but I still consider "Headhunter" as my fave from the Front...
"Welcome To Paradise" - Front 242


How about a remix of a good New Order track? I'll have to defo remember to post the original on another codename post in the near future.
"Everything's Gone Green" [Martin Buttrich Remix] - New Order


This *ALMOST* trips into some sense of electro. Hell, I'll post it anyway. She's got some good stuff anyway, in my opinion. So hey, why not? Now while she leans more towards the pop/hip hop/r+b genre, this track doesn't really fit in that. And, like I said, it's almost electro. My opinion, but you can judge for yourself.
"Kremlin Dusk" - Utada


--oh shoot, I almost forgot Trent. Reznor, that is.
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails


Back to Germany for some more And One. And... hey Roboter!! this tune's in German!!
"Panzermensch" - And One


Speaking of Germany, how about the band that started it all for electronica? Showing love from the Underground to our beloved Mensch-Maschinen--I would use "Metropolis" but as I'm in a damn good mood...!
"Nummern/Computerwelt 2" - Kraftwerk


One last tune and... unfortunately... I do NOT remember the name of the song nor who does it sooo... yeah. It'll be in the unknown territory, but I still love this song. As it was the third track on an industrial mix I had that I still listen to, I'm codenaming this as Track 3. I can't believe I forgot this... damn the fact that I lost the stupid tracklist for that StarMix...
Track 3


*whew!!* Alright!! The weekend has officially begun, and so has the codename series too! It'll be an interesting self-analysis upon my quarter-century; I can only hope I don't judge myself all too harshly...

Oh for the love of... it's the weekend. Why am I moping? Time to crank the tunage up!! Happy Weekend in the Underground!!

Until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me