18 September 2008

codename ~ TIMEPUNK

One of my favorite shows is Doctor Who. Duh. Everyone kinda knows that bit. Especially Roboter, and those who know who my two favorite Companions are.

Those who don't know, they're Sarah-Jane and Romana II.

For a nutty Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, he's so the brill. The Doctor is just... well... the awesomeness. He travels in a time machine of sorts, aptly disguised as a 1950's blue police call box, codenamed the TARDIS--Time and Relative Dimensions in Space.

He rights wrongs, battles enemies, gains good friends here and there. When mortally wounded he regenerates--he can regenerate up to 12 times, for a total of 13 lives... which is also a proper reason why there've been many actors portraying the Doctor since it first aired on the BBC in 1963. His most formidable foes include the Master, the Cybermen, and the Daleks...

So far the Doctor's regenerated 9 times, a total of 10 Doctors so far, and hence 10 actors portraying him ~
The First Doctor - William Hartnell
The Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton
The Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee
The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
The Firth Doctor - Peter Davidson
The Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker
The Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
The Tenth Doctor - David Tennant

To celebrate this madcap British series--45 years strong and growing!--here's a StarMix of the classic theme song to the series. In many of its [semi-]unique forms.

The classic, much-loved theme--thank you Delia Derbyshire! ~


The slightly-reamp'd opening... Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker's theme ~


Tom Baker's second--and Peter Davidson's--theme [which I'm starting to love even more the more I listen to it] ~


Colin Baker's theme [which is enough for me to go, wtf!? --no, seriously] ~


1996... yes, the tv movie version... Paul McGann's theme [which, I'll be honest--I didn't really like it much] ~


From 2004, "One day, I shall come back" ~


From 2006, David Tennant's theme ~


And for the grand finale to this Time Punk's StarMix du jour just before the great Music Post [it's Thursday, and the rule for Thursday still applies in the codename series], my song of the day--this one's for Roboter, who--if I'm not mistaken--is a fan of electro. Well, sweetie, crank this tune up a good handful of notches. This goes for those of us who <3 Orbital too! Because... yes... you guessed it...
Theme - Doctor Who ~ Orbital


And on THAT note, I think it's time for the Thursday Tradition!!

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me