26 June 2008

Chapter 148 ~ Happy Thursday!: the Top 20 WSUR, and Other Pointless Commentary

Yup, back on schedule. Especially with what happened with the funeral last Thursday and what-not. It seems that, by a long-shot, Kraftwerk's the group of the week again with God only knows HOW MANY FRECKIN' SONGS I've listened to of theirs! And that's gone crazy-different from the actual Top-20 itself!! Accordingly, my top 5 bands this past week are as follows *and thanks to Last.fm for ALL CHARTS INVOLVED in this blog, as well as for the last-songs-played chart at the top of this blog!* ~

1] Kraftwerk
2] New Order
3] The Smiths
4] Depeche Mode
5] Clay Aiken

And with that, on with the Starian Union Radio Top 20!

1] "Lover All Alone" - Clay Aiken
2] "The Perfect Kiss" [full 12" version] - New Order
3] "Blasphemous Rumours" - Depeche Mode
4] "Getting Away With It" - Electronic
5] "Life's What You Make It" - Talk Talk
6] "Primitive Notion" - New Order
7] "Just Can't Get Enough" - Depeche Mode
8] "Hello It's Me" - Todd Rundgren
9] "Another Morning Stoner" - ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
10] "Whip It" - Devo
11] "Cellphone's Dead" - Beck
12] "How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths
13] "99 Red Balloons" - Nena
14] "Driver 8" - R.E.M.
15] "Oh L'Amour" - Erasure
16] "Pretty Girls Make Graves" - The Smiths
17] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea
18] "Heaven" - The Psychedelic Furs
19] "Angel Dust" - New Order
20] "Down the Line" - Jose Gonzalez

Alright, that done, the usual short updates. Or somewhat short.

For one *and this is a major turn of events here, Citizens!* it's that, well, I won't be able to attend Agathangelos' wedding after all. Due to this break-up mess *which might as well be my fault--looooong story for another time* Siren's basically not one for wanting to deal with me and the anxiety of it all in two weeks' time. And what really sucks is that I went through the trouble of getting time off of work to attend this and then recover enough to get ready to go back to work. Except, now I've got no wedding to go to.

Of course, What. the. effin'. ish?

That's fine though--that just means four days with almost nothing much to do. Except, to do what-all I can do. And that's to take time for the most important person in my life right now [second to God of course]--me. Which by sure means I'll be sure to go out to a cemetery somewhere in the area, hopefully one I haven't been to yet. Another thing I can do is to simply go out and just have fun.

Or, I can work on both [Metropolis] AND [Computer<3].

So I have four days of proper freedom [by the way they're Saturday 12 through Tuesday 15 July], and if anyone's around and wants to hang out, LET. ME. KNOW.

Also, my last day of my self-holiday [15 July] is Ian Curtis Day. I'll get more to that in the next handful of days leading to it.

Second update is, well, I'm going to an 80's Ladies Night. And I don't usually go out to those kinds of things. Usually I tend to hide out here in the Underground. Except, with the latest messy update *and proof that I will get over this--news flash to you, Siren* I really could use a proper distraction. Hell, I might even meet some new friends, and maybe--just MAYBE--I might run into that cutie from Saturday night's Madonna costume party.

So there y'all have it. The latest of the matter, and the latest in my musical whim.

Until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me