28 June 2008

Chapter 150 ~ ...okay, I know I was supposed to keep a week-long silence but...

Not when I got this in an e-mail from my [Step]Mom. And I can't believe I didn't even keep this in mind. I'll be printing this out and keeping it with me for a long time to come...

Handiest Chart I know of...

In other news, Thursday night out was insane, ran into a friend of mine. Survived 6 shots and still ruled the dance floor. Even ran into my two friends Mandie and Lizzy, and the three of us were surviving getting hit on by... of all things...

football coaches?

Yes, you can cue your proper "WTF!?" here.

The misadventured well into Friday morning, which included us three gals venturing with the guys to Brickhouse Bar. Unfortunately, there was no such thing as a dance floor [which seriously pissed me off 'cause the guys begged us to tag along with them, fcukers *deathglare*], but there was a decent-looking guy to talk to. And, he wore a Sisters of Mercy shirt, so that meant that HEY! this goth-punk gal was gonna be alright. Mandie and Lizzy meanwhile tried to keep the guys at bay [they pretended to be lesbians--smart.thinking.you.two!!] and, some of the other guys were like, "So you want another drink, Sunshine?" I'm like, No, I survived 6 shots back at the P-Lounge and I'm not gonna get trashed, thankyouverymuch! and resumed conversation with Roy. Unfortunately he lives in Boca Raton [er, road trip, anyone?], but we both had a wonderful conversation about music, music, VNV Nation [he'd never heard my fave VNV tune "Perpetual" until I brought out the 'Pod!], The Smiths [he got envious for a moment that I got to see Morrissey live last July], and more music.

At about quarter past 2 the guys were up for IHOP, and we kinda faked like, "Yeah, we'll see you guys there!!" Heh, I.don't.think.so. Mandie and Lizzy took me home, and then I didn't quite fully wake up until, er, 11 yesterday morning? In any case, yesterday I did a double-Cemetery Excursion, first to Main Street in Daytona, then to Oakdale back in town. What really kinda sucked was that, unlike the Main Street Revisited, Oakdale Revisited didn't turn out as good as I hoped, picture-wise. A lot of pictures turned out rather, er, crappy. Which meant that, you know, maybe I should've used the flash that came with the camera after all...

Anywho, the pics will be up on Chapter 151, up next. :-)

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me