29 June 2008

Chapter 152 ~ ...wait, so I'm not back to work until WEDNESDAY!?

And then I forgot--three of our employees are going to be out of town all this week. *facepalm*

Sissy-Too and her daughter will be heading to Indiana to bury her dad's ashes. :-( She was one of the two friends of mine these past three months who'd lost a Dad. I still vaguely remember the morning when her mom called the Store Manager and then her, to let her know about the father's passing. I found Sissy crying in the Manager's Office. And do I blame her? Absolutely not! She's since been doing a lot better, but this week will be her week of closure, and I do hope that she and her daughter find peace in this time. I really, really do.

Meanwhile Sissy-Boo will be out of town with her family, also heading out of town for a vacation. She herself deserves a bit of a proper vacation of sorts. And I'll be keeping her family, as well as Sissy-Too's family, in my kind thoughts and prayers this week, particularly for Travel Mercies.

Store Manager Joel gave me the okay yesterday to dress up for Friday--as well as whenever there's a holiday worth celebrating. *yay!!* So, as far as the list goes here's what I've compiled for holidays worth dressing up for [in chronological order]...

Fixed Dates throughout the Year ~
1 January - New Year's Day
15 January - Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
21 January - Martyrdom of Saint Agnes [not sure how to celebrate it yet though]
14 February - Martyrdom of Saint Valentine
17 March - Feast of Saint Patrick [Bishop]
20 March? - First Day of Spring
1 April - April Fools' Day
22 April? - Earth Day
1 May - Mayday!!
21 June - Summer Solstice
4 July - Independence Day
20 August - Ralf from Kraftwerk's Birthday #62!!
2 September [this year] - Labor Day
21 September? - Autumnal Equinox
29 September - Michaelmas ~ Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raphael [Archangels]
2 October - Feast of All Guardian Angels
4 October? - ...er, my Birthday?
28 October - Stephen from New Order's Birthday #51!!
31 October - Halloween
1 November - All Saints' Day
20 December - Winter Solstice
31 December - New Year's Eve

Movable dates throughout the years to celebrate ~
- Ash Wednesday
- Easter Sunday [dress-up day traditionally is Easter Vigil Saturday]
- Stetson University Homecoming
- Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friendship Day [August]
- DeLand High School Homecoming
- High Holy Days [Jewish Holidays]
- Hanukkah [Jewish Holiday]

Seasons celebrated in some form or fashion during the year ~
- Lent [purple hair?]
- Christmastide

...whew! boy, do I have a lot to celebrate or what!?

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me