24 June 2008

Chapter 146 ~ Recovery Time: Too F@#%ing Long!!

So as you can guess, I'm still trying to fix my shattered heart. But the good news is, I'm doing alright. But I'm a bit in a cynical mood, and still upset and hurting as much as I don't really wish to be.

That said, a proper poem, my first in a while. And at the moment it's appropriate for the moment.

Those who know I'm not the usual cynic, please forgive me for the tone of this poem...

"Simply to Forget [A Prayer]"

Father above, forgive Your daughter,
distressed in a world beyond control,
below Your highest Kingdom Come,
while I suffer here, unrest in my soul.
For I foolishly thought I'd fallen in love,
almost swore my heart away.

And now I'd give even half my soul
just to find a love who'll stay,
but even now You'd turn away
Your loving ear to hear my prayer.
And now the mess I've fallen in
has left me, heart and soul, in despair.
Had I simply been blind,
or did I simply not realize
that I had been right all along...

that true love really is a lie?

Father, I beg you with all
I have, to make me forget
all of the tears,
the pain, hurt and regret,
and to forget the love I once knew.
I know it sounds like much
but I know You understand as to
why I feel like such.
If anything, just to ease
and calm my nerves,
to help me recollect my mind
and say the proper words,
to heal the heart
that'd be better off alone--
even if that means to
forsake a future love unknown.

For even now regretful tears fall downward
like a summer's lonely rain
but, by Your grace,
may I never fall in love again.



*sigh* I now feel a whole lot better getting that off my chest.

Until the next round, cheers

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me