03 October 2008

codename ~ SUNSHINE

A lot of life to have lived in a quarter-century.

Sure, I've come a long way since I came to earth on Tuesday 4 October 1983, but it's been an interesting long way! When I was 21 I didn't think I'd live to see this particular tomorrow [and I actually almost landed true to my word at the time], but here I am. Almost 25.

Almost 25.

It almost scares me but, I'm happy I've made it this far! I have wonderful parents, both my natural parents and their own spouses [my StepParents]; I have three younger siblings that I just love, at least 3 sets of Grandparents still alive, at least 1 Great-Grandparent [Grams from my StepMom's Mom's side] still alive. And a story or two of my Great-Grandmother Ana Julia who died 25 years, 6 months ago, from breast cancer--I'm wearing a pink ribbon all month in her memory. And the memory of my Great-Grandpa Leo [affectionately known in our family as "Pipo"], who's watching over me and the family now [he died some 7 years ago]. I have dear friends, my 10 best friends God can provide [Moonhead, Pouncer, Hikari, Kit and Hector, Sissy Boo and Sissy Too, Neko Ich and Neko Ni, and Neonlicht (yes, Louise has a codename now at last!!)], a crazy but lovable bunch of coworkers and Managers [yes, even my favorite Goober that is Manager Joshua], and my Jewish extended family. I have a calling to my Choir and the Carillon, to the Episcopal frame of faith, a home within God's Church. And I have my boyfriend Roboter--long distance be damned, he is among the closest to my heart; God knows what-all, good and bad, we'd been through, and we're still standing by each other.

I really have been blessed these past 25 years, when you give it some thought.

However, before I go further I need to stop for one moment and think back to 16 souls that, in the past 6 months, have altered my attitude a little about life and death...

~ Rabbit's mom
~ Edward's niece
~ Connie's husband
~ Corky's husband
~ Hester
~ Juan's dad
~ Jeff's dad
~ Taubin's two pet dogs Lulu and Bozo
~ Ben's dog [forgot the name--sorry]
~ Sissy Too's dad
~ Normita's brother
~ Sarah's daughter's cousin
~ Paul's dad
~ Andie's dad
~ ...and I know there was one more--I will amend this post [or make a new one] as soon as I get the list back [Sissy Boo's borrowing it at the moment]

May they and all the souls of the faithful departed,
by the grace and mercy of God,
rest in peace. + Amen.


ALRIGHT! back to brighter things. Like tomorrow!

Tomorrow while Roboter's at a newscaster's convention I'll be with Sissy Boo working on a special project for work with pictures. And then I don't know what-all I'll be doing for the rest of the day as of yet. But I know there'll be a lot of music involved, that's for sure. And pictures. I promise there'll be pictures! :-)

So... well, I guess that's it. There isn't much else to say other than, I'd already welcomed October with open arms and a baseball bat. It's been a bitch being 24, between the deaths and the break-ups; but there'd also been tight-knit friendships and a love that can handle the 1,200 miles too! So hey, life may suck at times, but there's still hope. I still have things I want to do within this next year.

Like have Roboter over in Florida. Or visit him up in New York.

So, here's to the first 25 years,
and another 25--and MANY MORE--to come!

Let's celebrate--I propose the first toast:

!!לחיים
L'chaim--to life!!


~ me, real name jennifer,
codename SUNSHINE

1 comment:

Catalina Rufin said...

Yay for Birthday eve! We're gonna be partying all day tomorrow! And I hope you'll like the present I made for you.

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me