24 October 2008

Chapter 184 ~ Oops... FAIL!

Seriously. I think I can consider today to be a proper Oops... FAIL.

After a mostly calm yet rainy morning [calm unless you count two drive-thru headsets going dysfunctional on me within the first half hour!], one of the transformers in the north end of town went dead at a quarter to 8 this morning. Which meant it was pen and paper for taking orders, running out of food in the cabinets. Was I humored that the power went out? Uhm, of course not. Because considering the power went out from Plymouth Avenue northward, yeah. Burger King's down. Perkin's was down. Hell, everything was down. About an hour later power went back up, but that didn't last too long as, about twenty minutes later, power went down. And when that happened I fell into a minor fit: "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

So, needless to say, I was mad-livid.

After another five minutes [AND a total of 3 sheets of paper in which all the orders without the computers were taken, computed AND checked off] the power finally resumed for the rest of the day, but it was all a chaotic rush, not really stopping even as I got on break [finally] around 10 A.M. And of course, by then I was already ill-tempered enough yet still calm, but I hadn't eaten. And irritable. For the better part of the two hours since the power returned a second time, the credit card machine for the new system was down. So we had to utelise the old-system card machine. Now take into consideration the fact that there is only ONE functioning old-system machine. And of all places, they had to put it in MY BACK-DRIVE-THRU AREA. And between Kels who was my D.T. cashier, and the three order-takers in the Front Counter area... yeah. That minor concept was an Oops... FAIL!! Then again it possibly always was, as that's usually what happens once the new-system card machine is down.

Meanwhile there were some homeless people out and about, and at least TWICE Joel had to ward them off. One of them I saw wandering through the parking lot FIVE times. In the meanwhile the Lunch Rush went a bit on the tense side, as Joel was having a minor fit with the Grill Team and Rabbit was pushing us a bit hard to get 116 cars through the hour; the only saving grace was a visit from my own wonderful dad in the drive-thru. He had a Big Mac meal [dad, if you're reading this, i thought you never ate big macs; since when!?], and was very happy to see me. I introduced him to my best bud Sissy-Boo [Michelle], and she was VERY humored to be introduced to my dad. [She was my order-taker while I took cash for the rush hour today.] After I printed out the report I was elated that we did that very 116, but then my joy was a bit shot when, of all things, turns out Rabbit's goal was the oft- and highly-coveted 120 cars. So I was a bit ill-nerved when we'd missed out by only 4 cars.

And so, I have decided that, work-wise, this week was a proper Oops... FAIL!!

*sigh* I think I need a song. Except, can't figure out which one I want. Meh. I'm too tired.

I think some time hanging out with newly-single Kit might be the second-wind I need. Stat.

Stay safe in the meantime, and until the next round...

~ me

1 comment:

Catalina Rufin said...

Hmm, a song about fail...how about Best of Both Worlds by Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus? That's about failure at singing.

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me