30 October 2008

Hallowthursdayweenie!!

Yup, welcome to the special day-before-Halloween edition of the Thursday Tradition here in the Underground. First though I do need to apologise to y'all for kinda being semi-AWOL this week--between trying to put a costume together [Mew-Mew, where the ish is that scarf, good gracious!!] and working too much [9-hour days, anyone?], I think the only two people who know I'm still alive and what-not are Roboter and Kit.

Just so I get this out of the way, for starters:

The Song of the Week ~
From the Indie Intelligence Files - This song's been getting airplay in the indie/alternative station here in town these past couple of weeks. I just FINALLY found this today. Ben Folds had his new album released about a month ago, and this track off that album features Regina Spektor, whom I'd never really heard of until I heard this song. The song is almost addicting if not for the song I'm currently listening to at the moment!!
"You Don't Know Me" - Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor


Now, I've a fairly interesting, slightly vague announcement--I am NOT incorperating the Random 20 into this week's StarMix this time around, but I *will* note the Old-School Alternation Song of the Week. Considering that this is a particularly unique mix, and the fact of the matter being that of all ocassions this is Halloween, I think it's proper time some of the finest from the Old-School Alternative/Goth got its fair day here in the Underground.

"The Queen Is Dead" - The Smiths


"People Are People" - Depeche Mode


"She's Lost Control" - Joy Division


"Harley David [Son of a B!tch]" - Bollock Brothers


"It's A Sin" - Pet Shop Boys


"Procession" - New Order


"Love My Way" - The Psychedelic Furs


"Don't Go" - Yazoo


"The Funeral Party" - The Cure


"Headhunter" - Front 242


*Song of the Week - Old-School Alternation*
"The Damned Don't Cry" - Visage


"Desperate But Not Serious" - Adam Ant


"Adorations" - Killing Joke


"More" - Sisters of Mercy


"Lovesong" - The Cure


"West End Girls" - Pet Shop Boys


"Bela Lugosi's Dead" - Bauhaus


"Cuts You Up" - Peter Murphy


"Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees


[This is for Roboter, who heard only the highly-abridged version this past Sunday on Sunday Night Vinyl.]
"This Corrosion" - Sisters of Mercy


[This almost goes without saying.]
"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode


"Every Day Is Halloween" - Ministry


So I got in about 21--no, correction. 22 songs... way to go me!

*yes, i edited it. forgot to add the smiths. lol.*

At the moment in the meantime I need to get a hold of Mew-Mew and see if she's got my Scarf ready to go. I sure as hell hope she does because otherwise I'll have to get to bed early and get to Wal*Mart early to get safety pins and three scarves...

*sigh* Somehow, I'm already concerned for tomorrow. Oh dear.

Until the next round...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me