02 October 2008

codename ~ TARGET

Today, this is my best friend...

This is the Carillon at Saint B's. The Saint Cecilia Guild is responsible for playing the Carillon on Sunday mornings, before and after the 11 A.M. service. I am one of the members of said Guild, and last night at Church for dinner and Discipleship class our leader, Lee, was talking a bit with me and Sue [fellow Alto and Carillonneur--that's the proper term for a Carillon player] and, on the spot, asked me to be Carillonneur for this month. Slightly taken aback but humored nonetheless I was like, "Sure! I'll do it!"

Well, today I was more than thrilled to be reunited with the Carillon in more than a year--almost two years to be honest, let alone since I started! In fact, it's made my day--allow me to explain my day otherwise in the following two sentences:

And just how the hell did I end up on everyone's "Get Pissed Off At" lists for today? WTF did I do!?

For some reason, a good majority of, well, everybody has been upset at me over something or another; about 95% of it wasn't even my fault, while the other 5% had to be something or another that I did or didn't mean to do, whether I was working or not. And God only knows what I did to get everyone so upset at me today--I JUST DON'T FCUKING GET IT!! And even the boyfriend got a bit minor snap-happy, just moments after I arrived at Church to practice on the Carillon.

The only noise I've kinda made since was the noise of the Carillon Bells, as it seems that today is just NOT the kind of day for me to be opening my mouth. And I feel that considering the way today's been going, I'm opting to just keep my mouth shut today. Who knows? Maybe I'll walk another half an hour after this back to the Carillon [if the doors at Canterbury House are still open!] and practice some more. I need to refamiliarise myself with it as I'll be mad-rushing between Choir practice, then Carillon, then running to the Church with seconds before the Processional Hymn to spare, the Service itself, and then after the Recessional Hymn high-tail it back to the Carillon to play for some 15-20 minutes. So OF COURSE I'll need a nap first thing I get home.

*sigh* But anywho, yeah, that's what had me going today. And I am not amused.

The Starian Union Random 20 *the birthday edition* for today, Thursday 2 October 2008
Theme: All New Order, All The Time
1] "Shellshock" [12" extended version]
2] "Turn"
3] "Leave Me Alone"
4] "Dreams Never End"
5] "Vanishing Point"
6] "Mesh"
7] "True Faith"
8] "Blue Monday '83"
9] "Regret"
10] "Thieves Like Us"
11] "Working Overtime"
12] "The Perfect Kiss" [12" full version]
13] "Mr. Disco"
14] "Everything's Gone Green" [Martin Buttrich Remix]
15] "Krafty" [Riton ReRub]
16] "State of the Nation
17] "Procession"
18] "Bizarre Love Triangle"
19] "Best and Marsh"
20] "Temptation '87"

Back to the Carillon I go, I suppose. I don't really think there is much else worth doing today. My job here is done.

*One minor note--the boyfriend DID apologise by the way. I've forgiven him, but I haven't texted him yet. The way today's been going I think that the best course of action at the moment is to just keep my damn mouth shut!*

~ me, codename TARGET

1 comment:

Catalina Rufin said...

Have fun with the carillon thing! And nice NO playlist, a lot of my favorites in there!

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me