10 October 2008

Chapter 180 ~ Some Things Never Change...

So what better time to finally try to get stuff done than today, on my day off? Right now there's much preparing for the Homecoming Parade for DeLand High School [main street in Downtown shut down!], and I still need to practice a bit on the Carillon even though I'm not sure I'll be able to get out early from work on Sunday.

But enough about that. It's [a day late but still] time for my Starian Union Radio Top 20 Songs of All Time. Yes, my 25 years of musical listening-up has finally fully come to this point! And if you think you've heard it all, well...

For this special edition of the Starian Union Radio 20 I've posted the songs for you all to listen to. And, this is one of those rare instances when an Honorable Mention is highly due, so there's a handful of Honorable Mentions, particularly from my childhood, that should be posted here!

1] "Transmission" - Joy Division


2] "The Perfect Kiss" - New Order


3] "Trans-Europe Express" - Kraftwerk


4] "Hey Sandy" - Polaris


5] "Don't Change" - INXS


6] "Black Star" - Radiohead


7] "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" - The Smiths


8] "Little Thoughts" - Bloc Party


9] "Funk Dat" - Sagat


10] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea


11] "White Riot" - The Clash


12] "Live Forever" - Oasis


13] "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees


14] "Blitzkrieg Bop" - The Ramones


15] "Another Song For Another Night" - The Dark Romantics


16] "Here's Where The Story Ends" - The Sundays


17] "Whip It" - Devo


18] "Closing Time" - Semisonic


19] "Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix-A-Lot


20] "Mayor Of Simpleton" - XTC


Honorable Mentions]
"Counting Blue Cars" - Dishwalla


"Birdhouse In Your Soul" - They Might Be Giants


"Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd


"Shock The Monkey" - Peter Gabriel


"I'm Gonna Be [500 Miles]" - The Proclaimers


You know, that's counting as 25, with those Honorable Mentions! I think that rounds out this uber-special Starian Union Radio special. :-)

My assignment of the week has been accomplished--in the words of my boyfriend, HUZZAH!!

*ETA - edited to add - The Dark Romantics and The Terrible Sea are two local bands from the Orlando area that I saw in concert sometime two years ago. TTS broke up near the end of '06, TDR has an album out [I forgot the name though]; they're both excellent bands. I think I'll do a locals special next week, music wise...*

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me