20 October 2008

Chapter 183 ~ Slow down...? SLOW DOWN!?

WTF DO YOU MEAN FOR ME TO SLOW DOWN!?

*sigh* So I've been trying to get stuff done, get errands run, remake my Indie Intelligence Playlist to something virtually enjoyable no matter what the song [it's my Halloween StarMix for this year, oddly enough], catch up on e-mail and Facebook and MySpace, get caught up on the 4 or 5 forums I post in, AND I had a very late lunch. Store Manager Joel's birthday is tomorrow but he's going to be having a minor operation at the hospital, so he was here today, and I helped the crew wish him the best. Got paid, walked about 45 minutes to the credit union, FINALLY had lunch at around... er... quarter-to-4? But the real tick-off is when one of the regulars who I really don't like, mostly because he stops by at breakfast rush and almost ALWAYS wants to start a conversation with me but I'm focused on getting my drive-thru line going, spots me walking homeward and waves.

Customer - "Hey Sunshine, how are you?"
Me - "As usual. Busy."
Customer - "Aww, so I can't even stop you for a moment just to have a chat?"
Me - "I'm sorry but no, I have things to do and I need to hurry home."
Customer - "But can't you just slow down for a moment?"
Me - *with a glare* - "...I'm sorry but, slowing down is a term that does not exist in my lexicon. Look, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."
Customer - *as I'm walking away, homebound* - "But Sunshine--"
Me - *looking back but still walking away* - "I'll see you tomorrow!!"

*sigh* I swear, there is no such thing as slowing down in my lexicon. Most of the time anyway.

The [revised] Indie Intelligence StarMix
1] "A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend
2] "I Feel It All" [Britt from Spoon Remix] - Feist
3] "Radiation Vibe" - Fountains of Wayne
4] "Finding Out True Love Is Blind" - Louis XIV
5] "Lost In The Supermarket" - The Clash
6] "Lights" - The Editors
7] "Hang Me Up To Dry" - Cold War Kids
8] "Here's Where The Story Ends" - The Sundays
9] "Blue Monday '88" - New Order
10] "Handle With Care" - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
11] "Sex On Fire" - Kings of Leon
12] "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn and John
13] "Monster Hospital" - Metric
14] "Little Thoughts" - Bloc Party
15] "Australia" [Peter Bjorn and John Remix] - The Shins
16] "Mayor of Simpleton" - XTC
17] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea
18] "No One's Gonna Love You" - Band of Horses
19] "Simple Economics" - Pedro the Lion
20] "Finish Line" - Michael

*sigh* Okay. I think I can declare myself dead to the rest of the world with the exception of Roboter. Good night in the meantime and stay your best behavior until the next round...

~ me

P.S. ~ Before I do get my downtime I would love the world to know that yesterday was the anniversary that Roboter and I became friends on Facebook. And to think it all began with our minor obsession with Kraftwerk!! Who knew it would turn to something more? In any case it's been a madcap year, and so I say [quoting him], here's to more years of laughs and happiness!

Roboter, you are sooo the wonderful, and I love you all the more for it. Here's to the day we finally meet face to face. And God willing it be sooner than later--much sooner!!

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me