23 October 2008

OMFG. I'm actually on time!

Happy Thursday, Underground Citizens. Time for the traditional Musicholics Anonymous get-together. First things first:

The Starian Union Radio Random 20 for Thursday 23 October 2008
1] "Sub-Culture" - New Order
2] "Every Day Is Halloween" - Ministry
3] "Hip Hop Bee Bop [Don't Stop]" - Man Parrish
4] "Cuts You Up" - Peter Murphy
5] "Colony" [Peel Session] - Joy Division
6] "Harley David [Son of a B!tch]" - Bollock Brothers
7] "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
8] "New York" - Micro Chip League
9] "A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T" - The Hives
10] "Morning Bell" - Radiohead
11] "The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails
12] "It's A Sin" - Pet Shop Boys
13] "A Message To You Rudy" - The Specials
14] "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn and John
15] "Mesh" - New Order
16] "Open In Silence" - Mira
17] "Nummern/Computerwelt 2" - Kraftwerk
18] "Procession" - New Order
19] "Mayor Of Simpleton" - XTC
20] "Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix-A-Lot

The Song of the Week is a proper classic from at least 25 years ago. And it's one of Roboter's favorite songs even as he's heard the song God knows HOW MANY TIMES playing GTA:VC [grand theft auto - vice city]. In any case, this is for him...
"Hip Hop Be Bop" [12" version] - Man Parrish


...and for myself, I chose this. After all, this is going out to the id10t's that think I'm weaker than I look. To them, two words: FCUK OFF. Everyone else, feel free to join me in cranking this up a good few notches. Yes, a first here in the Underground: TWO Songs of the Week for this week! [And yes, I absolutely love this song. Seriously.]
"A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T" - The Hives


And, as next week is Halloweek, here's a preview for next week's Random 20, which will be the 80's version of the Indie StarMix I made earlier this week. Except, in the usual tradition of the indie/alternative/gothic self that I am, you can expect Siouxsie, the Order, the Division, the Boys, Mr. Ant, and these two bands among the unique for the grand Halloween tradition:
"Jumping Someone Else's Train" - The Cure


"Bela Lugosi's Dead" - Bauhaus


And adding another proper classic from the Old-School Indie Intelligence files, this might also make the roster for Halloween this year. Sunday afternoon Erik had the Afternoon Version of my favorite radio program, Sunday Night Vinyl, and his track list for Sunday... well, let's just say it was the best SNV in practically ages. Not that every SNV was the awesomeness, but this past Sunday was truly THE Awesomeness!! He played this particular classic [as well as The Cure's "Jumping Someone Else's Train" which I just posted a moment ago], and I was pleasantly thrilled. So I think I could add this to the Halloween roster this year, no?
"Headhunter" - Front 242


The same with this track, one of the great goth classics too. I'm actually considering this as well for the Halloween mix. Because HEY! you can't have Halloween without the proper touch of goth. And out of all the songs this band's done, this is my favorite. God I love this song.
"More" - The Sisters of Mercy


And I think that will do it for this week! I had Carillon practice yesterday and, after a rather successful go at it Sunday, I'm almost ready for this Sunday upcoming. My main concern however is the whimsical concept of something properly termed Operation Doctor Scarf!!

Otherwise, enjoy the tunage, and keep out of trouble until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me