03 October 2008

codename ~ FEARLESS

I can't be afraid of everything forever.

There are a whole lot of things that I'm afraid. Oh, where the hell is that list from that certain Chapter...

ah, here it is! Reposting from Chapter 54 [Thursday 30 August 2007] the entire, and amending as necessary, list of fears I have to deal with. [Fears in brackets and italicised are the fears I've gotten over since I posted this.]

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Algophobia- Fear of pain.
Altophobia- Fear of heights.
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Astraphobia or Astrapophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.(Ceraunophobia, Keraunophobia)
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting.

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.
Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.
Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles. (Aichmophobia)
Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.

[Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.]
Ceraunophobia or Keraunophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.(Astraphobia, Astrapophobia)
Cnidophobia- Fear of stings.
Counterphobia- The preference by a phobic for fearful situations.
Cynophobia- Fear of dogs or rabies.

Dementophobia- Fear of insanity.
Dystychiphobia- Fear of accidents.

[Enosiophobia or Enissophobia- Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism.]

Gephyrophobia or Gephydrophobia or Gephysrophobia- Fear of crossing bridges.

Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms.
Herpetophobia- Fear of reptiles or creepy, crawly things.

[Iatrophobia- Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.]
Insectophobia - Fear of insects.

[Katagelophobia- Fear of ridicule.]
Keraunophobia or Ceraunophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.(Astraphobia, Astrapophobia)

Lilapsophobia- Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.
Lygophobia- Fear of darkness.

Maniaphobia- Fear of insanity.
Melissophobia- Fear of bees.
Myctophobia- Fear of darkness.

Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things.
Nyctophobia- Fear of the dark or of night.

Odynophobia or Odynephobia- Fear of pain. (Algophobia)
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes. (Snakephobia)

Panthophobia- Fear of suffering and disease.
Paraskavedekatriaphobia- Fear of Friday the 13th.
[Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love.]
Ponophobia- Fear of overworking or of pain.
Pyrophobia- Fear of fire.

Scoleciphobia- Fear of worms.
Snakephobia- Fear of snakes. (Ophidiophobia)
Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
[Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others.]
Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.

Taeniophobia or Teniophobia- Fear of tapeworms.
Taphephobia or Taphophobia- Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries.
Taurophobia- Fear of bulls.
Thanatophobia or Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying.
Tonitrophobia- Fear of thunder.
Topophobia- Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright.
[Trypanophobia- Fear of injections.]

That last fear, by the way, I got over it with lots of help from my [Step]Mom and her fellow Nurses. :-) That should tell y'all something.

Besides the regular fears above, there are many things I prefer to be nowhere-near-afraid of.

I am not afraid of
being myself,
being a Child of God,
the work I do
and the certain sense of pride there is in that,
living life to the best I can live it,
being a working-class punk,
falling in love with someone 1,200 miles away,
telling the people I love that I love 'em,
standing up to what I believe in,
educating people whether in music or in life,
making people laugh just by acting semi-stupid,
taking certain risks in certain situations,
speaking my mind as loud as certain situations dictate,
being positively nuts,
being a tough girl if need be,
being honest with others,
being honest with myself,
being loved,
being human.

I have fears, and then there's my regularly-scheduled courageous self. And I'd like to stay that way.

~ me, codename FEARLESS

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me