27 July 2008

Chapter 162 ~ There is no end to this...

*sigh* So my friend the Choir Ducky... well...

His niece passed away sometime this week. She was born prematurely some months ago, was diagnosed with... not sure if it was leukemia [sorry if it's spelt wrong] or pneumonia... but anywho.

Ducky had asked the Choir--and the parish--to pray for his sister and the baby, and for his mother who had some health issues of her own.

So right now the death toll occuring to someone in my Chain of Friends is at 7, in 4 months. So.un.freckin'.fair. Spent the better part of Friday night after finding out about it in solitude, until I got Roboter on the phone and, basically, finally cried for about an hour and a half or so. Most of the phone conversation was better spent in silence. But the fact that I could rely on him when I needed a good cry was enough for me to endure yesterday on five hours of sleep. It was worth the tears, lack of sleep be damned. And yes, my coworkers were a positive help albeit I was mostly half-asleep throughout yesterday. Mad props to them, big time.

So tomorrow I'm off. Laundry day. Pay day. Sleep-in day. Add-more-music-to-the-'Pod day. Day-before-getting-back-to-work day. Monday.

But, it's hard to face the next few days when a prayer gets answered in a way that, at first, you think isn't fair. Why did the little one have to die?

I am sure, however, that God had better plans for her than a life of pain... that's my current hope of the day, and I'm sticking to it.

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.... If God is for us, who is against us?... Who will separate us from the love of Christ?... For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

~ Saint Paul's Letter to the Romans, Chapter 8

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me