10 July 2008

Chapter 15--wait, IT'S THURSDAY!! Oh, and one minor appeal...

And that means it's Starian Union Radio Top-20 time. ;-) This week's countdown... well... it got a bit screwy as I had to work a helluva lot, so here's to hoping that this next week I'll be listening plenty more and getting a better go-on with this.

Are you ready? I hope you're sitting down a bit...

Special thanks, as always, to Last.fm

1] "Join In The Chant" - Nitzer Ebb
2] "Suedehead" - Morrissey
3] "A Message To You Rudy" - The Specials
4] "99 Red Balloons" - Nena
5] "Life's What You Make It" - Talk Talk
6] "Dead Man's Party" - Oingo Boingo
7] "Don't Let's Start" - They Might Be Giants
8] "Panic" - The Smiths
9] "Mr. Disco" - New Order
10] "Punk Rock Girl" - The Dead Milkmen
11] "Pop Musik" - M
12] "Bizarre Love Triangle" - New Order
13] "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" - The Smiths
14] "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
15] "Fine Time" - New Order
16] "Sex [I'm A...]" - Berlin
17] "Heartbreak Beat" - Psychedelic Furs
18] "Goody Two Shoes" - Adam Ant
19] "Birdhouse In Your Soul" - They Might Be Giants
20] "She's In Parties" - Bauhaus

Whew! alright, that done... well... HELP!!

Simply put, I've decided to be the Doctor--yes, Doctor Who--for Halloween this year, hopefully to slightly upstage the legendary Kraftwerk Roboter get-up from last year. Problem is, considering there'd been 10 [yes, TEN] grand Doctors in all the 40+ years that the show [one of 'em being in only one movie, and that's the once we've heard of 'im!], yeah. It's gonna be a slight minor pain. I'm somehow leaning towards that one though, the Eighth Doctor. The one portrayed by Paul McGann. First I gotta watch the movie [YouTube on Monday, anyone?], just to really get it right down to the quirks. *sigh* THEN I have to fight and fidget about the costume.

Uhm, those of you unsure about what the ish THIS Doctor wore...

Eh, yeah... what the ish indeed...

So basically put, I think I'll do my damnest to improvise. Nametag with, for the first line, "Doctor Who?" and for the second line "[Eighth Doctor]" for the day. I think I'll just stick to being the blue-haired female version of 'im though. *smirk* I mean, heck! I can find a proper vest, a white blouse and gold ribbons for his tie. Oh, and white [or off-white?? siren, someone, help. stat.] trousers. The tough part will be the coat... no, wait, I think I've still got my black long coat. Which only means that, if I play my cards proper... and I have proper black shoes then... HEY!! I can make a go at the Eighth Doctor!! YEAHOO!!

Especially since, right now, it's a b!tch and a half trying to find anything close to the Tenth Doctor... *sigh/insert eyeroll*

You know, I *do* have another three and a half months or so...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me