01 August 2008

Chapter 163 ~ Okay, so I'm a day late... sorry!!

But I really was just too busy yesterday. Worked, helped out as office manager, went shopping with Mom. And when I got home I was too sore, too tired, and simply was ready to go to bed. So I do apologise if y'all went on here last night and there was no Top 20. Rest assured though...

Starian Union Radio Top 20--thanks to Last.fm

1] "New York" - Micro Chip League
2] Theme from Doctor Who - BBC Radiophonic Workshop
3] "No One's Gonna Love You" - Band of Horses
4] "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
5] "Lovesong" - The Cure
6] "Banquet" - Bloc Party
7] "Ringfinger" - Nine Inch Nails
8] "Full of Grace" - Sarah McLachlan
9] "Almost With You" - The Church
10] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea
11] "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" - The Smiths
12] "Personal Jesus" - Depeche Mode
13] "Lights" - The Editors
14] "Sketch For Summer" - The Durutti Column
15] "Australia" [Peter Bjorn and John remix] - The Shins
16] "Adorations" - Killing Joke
17] "Skull" - Sebadoh
18] "Lips Like Sugar" - Echo and the Bunnymen
19] "Halo" - Depeche Mode
20] "Stripped" - Depeche Mode

*whew* Alright, that done... well... I need to vent just a little. See, these days my coworkers, managers AND customers... well, they expect me to always have that damn glowing Superwoman S across my chest.

Problem is, the glowing S fades over time. I'm not the Superwoman that I once was, or that everyone nowadays expects of me. And I hate to admit this but, there are times... there are days when I wish I didn't have that glowing S across my chest. There really are days that I wish I didn't have to be shoved upon by everyone, just to try to do everything and anything at the same time.

Oh and, there are some people who ask, "When are you ever going to be a Manager??" I answer, "Whenever they get me out of this Drive-thru." Unfortunately, there are also people who think that Drive-thru is, as one customer put it last week, "where Miss Sunshine belongs." And sadly, that's why I can't get onward to management--because, simply put, no-one wants me to leave the Drive-thru. To the customers I'm the Drive-thru version of Superwoman.

And to be honest with you, it sucks.

And FURTHERMORE, as if I haven't been in Quarter-Life-Crisis mode enough, today is the anniversary of my first actual canine buddy Baloo's death. I think it's been 3 or 4 years. Today, also, my friend Taubin on Opacity.us said farewell to his beloved pet dog. So the death toll is now at 8 and, with a little over 2 months before my Quarter-centennial, I'm really, really nerve-wrecked right now. Part of me just wants to cry, part of me really needs to get away from everything, and part of me actually doesn't care anymore for the moment.

For once I'd like to have an actual break from my Quarter-Life Crisis, please, THANK YOU SO BLOODY MUCH.



*sigh* It's been a really rough past 10 months, hasn't it?

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me