22 August 2008

Chapter 170 ~ Survived.

Many, many apologies for this week's massive absence, but in case no one's been watching the T.V. my homestate of Florida got a very unnecessary visit by Tropical Storm Fay. Areas of Florida are flooded, as she'd been around [particularly East-Central Florida] all. damn. week. Needless to say there's been a lot of rain and nasty winds about this week; safe to say it wasn't the week to go near a central processing unit. Except at work, while dealing with some of the most ungrateful, inconsiderate mess of customers I'd ever faced in a long time.

Well, this week's over, and I'm off all weekend. But my week's basically been screwed over as I'd been indoors all week. What a freckin' waste.

Starian Union Radio Top 20 for Thursday 21 August 2008 ~
1] "NWA" - The Terrible Sea
2] "New York" - Micro Chip League
3] "Handle With Care" - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
4] "Say" - John Mayer
5] "Luno" - Bloc Party
6] "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
7] "Banana Pancakes" - Jack Johnson
8] "Harley David [Son of a B!tch]" - Bollock Brothers
9] "Something About Us" - Clay Aiken
10] "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn and John
11] "Lost in the Supermarket" - The Clash
12] "The Queen Is Dead" - The Smiths
13] "Primitive Notion" - New Order
14] "Perpetual" - VNV Nation
15] "The New Pollution" - Beck
16] "Teardrop" - Massive Attack
17] "Theft, and Wandering Around Lost" - The Cocteau Twins
18] "Don't Change" - INXS
19] "Pioneers" - Bloc Party
20] "Thieves Like Us" - New Order

So Roboter on Monday nearly got shot by lightning on his way to work. Literally. He was on his way to work when he ended driving right into a freckin' storm [way to go honey!]... complete with rain, wind, AND hail. He's trying to make it to work in one piece, and all is kinda alright as he arrives at the parking lot. Now mind you, en route to work he notices that the lightning is striking the ANTENNA TOWER at the station. And no surprise, it's a cause for panic for both him AND myself.

Well, as he was about to make his run through the parking lot... well... he ran and--I couldn't tell what was going on over the phone. I heard this loud BOOM!!, heard a yell, and then a whole lot of laughter besides my own giggling!! Turns out his coworker had opened the door for Roboter so he could literally dive right through as an actual lightning bolt had JUST MISSED him!! And we ALL got a helluva good laugh out of that, which, after our conversation on the phone, must've prompted him to text me the following:

Btw, I hope that escapade goes in the blog!

Yes dear, it's in the blog now. ;-) *lol!!*

Two minutes later another text from him...
storm clouds!

they're still out there!

So my crazy weather nut got God-awful close to the weather that time. Literally!! But at least he's alright, thank God.

This week meanwhile was when Tropical Storm Fay hit this state upside. Unbloodyfair. A lot of rain and some hectic wind--Melbourne is currently flooded. Word came this morning that the Florida Hospital, Fish Memorial [in Orange City] is being evacuated--something broke, water everywhere. [PLEASE keep the patients and staff in your kind thoughts and prayers, fellow Underground Citizens.] Power was out in Merritt Island, where Siren is. This was also supposed to be the first week of school for most of Central Florida, Volusia County in particular and for Stetson University as well.

Work was very, VERY nervewrecking as well, as this week the weather just about messed some of us over. Michelle's house is flooded, as is Nicci's. I don't know who else from work is suffering, though I *did* walk to work Monday, Tuesday and yesterday. Not a fun situation to be walking to work in. And this week brought out some of the most ungrateful, inconsiderate customers I'd ever faced in quite a good long while. We had a sign that said "PLEASE turn your windshield wipers off! Thank you!" today because most of the week a majority of the customers didn't even consider turning them off at my Drive-Thru window. And the Store Manager wasn't in the best of moods [his oldest son Kristian left for the Air Force this week], and everybody was stressed out because of the storm. And it all took its toll on little old me. So, bear with me as I proudly declare,

THANK GOD I'M OFF THE NEXT TWO DOGGONE DAYS!!!

*whew!!* There. All better now.

So there you have it. This week, pretty much, and the Top 20 all caught up.

--crap, I almost forgot. Supposedly there's ANOTHER STORM heading our way in the next handful of days. And to be honest that's the last thing I need.

Oh and, the new part of the ceiling, over my stove, now has a leak somewhere. So of course, as if having a Tropical Storm and a workweek from hell all in the same week wasn't enough to bitch about...



*sigh* I think some dinner is in order.

This week is over. And I'm glad I survived.

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me