29 November 2008

Chapter 193 ~ Oh. My. God.

Okay, I'll admit it. What. a. week.

Monday I burned my finger. Bad. To the point where I decided it best to hide in my apartment the rest of the day and play nurse. Needless to say I couldn't get to a blog or write to save my life. And I couldn't get to the laundry.

Tuesday store manager Joel had me work on that darn Christmas tree at work. Finally. And yet, of all the days to have done so... In any case I got started fighting the tree lights and garlands at 2 in the afternoon; by the time all was said and done [between fighting the strings and buying the new treetopper and putting the whole damn tree together!], it was 6:30 P.M., almost 7. Manager Daniel and his sister Manager Veronica were very nice to take me home [and probably the proper repentance at it was at the fault of Daniel that I'd burned my finger on Monday!!]. After I got home I got to the laundry [with caution due to the finger], time was spent on the phone with Roboter but not for too long. Particularly due to exhaustion.

Wednesday had me working like a hellhound on Wild Turkey Lunch Rush, finishing up the tree, and no time for pre-Thanksgiving Day feast lunch whatsoever [the managers brought in food for the crew and Joel cooked a turkey in the grill oven]. Got home, got packed, got picked up by the parents, got dinner, and got out of town!!

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day here in America, spent in Hilton Head Island, in South Carolina, with the family and the Grandparents...
Taken in the room where I was staying, looking out the window.


Best wishes from the family!


Off to the beach with the family, which helped to make this the best Thanksgiving day, ever; the weather was, in a word, perfect...


My new pet Tom wanted some shells...












Grandma and Zach found some sand dollars too.




Yesterday, weatherwise it wasn't so great...


Tom wanted another souvenir photo so...


And for this one I did a color effect on the phone camera. Gave it a blueish tint.


Went to the Mall in another part of the Island with Addie and Mom...


You can't see it too well, but that's Saint Luke Episcopal Church across from our little area of the Island known as Shipyard.


Later on I went with Grandma and Addie to an area of the Island known as South Beach. NOT RELATED AT ALL to the overrated South Beach of Miami, Florida...


Grandma even got her two granddaughters some ice cream! Addie went for mint chocolate-chip, I opted for this tasty flavor: brownie-cheesecake. Yummy!!


This morning wasn't too bad, finally stopped raining.


At 9 A.M. this morning we set out for home! I took more pictures along the way and, mind you, it's NOT easy taking pictures with a cameraphone while in a moving van!!

Final shots of South Carolina:








Georgia:




Along the Georgia-Florida Border, our quick stop at a gas station which, with the gas station at this pic, was at $1.67 a gallon!!


Hi Florida, We're Baaaaack!!


Jacksonville, Florida:






A Super-Size can of 7-Up...!


Right around the center of the photo is, yes, a blimp.


This one's for Choirmaster Peter, who lives in Palatka. ^_^


Weight stations are lovin' it...


It's just SOOO good to be home!!


So there you have it, pictures to offer up for my weeklong absence! AND, tomorrow's the First Sunday of Advent, which means Service at 11 A.M. as usual. But wait--what the... OH YEAH! Evensong is at 4 P.M., Choir assembles for practice at 3. So I might get a chance to blog before the Evensong, because after that is the Choir party at Dr. Steeves' place. So this promises to be a very thrilling day tomorrow.

With that, apologies again about my week-long absence, I posted some pics. And here's two songs to crank up the volume to. I still have more of my to-do list to get done before tomorrow as I didn't get 'em done this week [Opacity holiday card exchange anyone?] AND I have dinner in less than two hours! Whew!!

This one's kinda more for Roboter. Uhm, anyone remember when I posted the edited version on the codename ~ TECHNO post some weeks back? Well, this one's the full version, basically. Roboter hun [and everyone for that matter], you have my full permission to crank this track up full blast...
"Who's Your Daddy" [original extended mix] - Benny Benassi


The other track was first heard in brief when I went to the DJ mix set with Benny Loco [Friday 24 May was the concert, Saturday 25 May was the blogpost, Chapter 130 (One By One I'll Knock Ya Out!!) which noted it]. I just finally found the full version of this remix. And to be honest, I'm thinking about making it my Remix of the Week.
"Get Innocuous!" [Soulwax remix] - LCD Soundsystem


And that's about it, the week in a nutshell! Belated Thanksgiving wishes to you and yours, and may God prosper us all as a new Church year begins with Advent I tomorrow.

--oh and yes, this week's Thursday Tradition will be a double-feature: The Sundays and... well... I don't quite know who yet... maybe Depeche Mode or Massive Attack or something...

Until the next round...

~ me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! The pictures were great, Sunny! :D

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me