14 November 2008

Chapter 190 ~ Chaos. Stop. Breathe. Recover. REPEAT.

Before I get into a proper recap of this week's dilemma, I got a special request for a proper addendum for what I noted originally in Chapter 189 [Between the Goth and the Funeral, Tuesday 11 November]. It ran as such--

One thing more--and kinda saving this for last--Roboter's dad is a veteran. And as today IS Veterans' Day for us American Underground Citizens, I believe a proper moment of salute is in order for those who fought for the sake of our country and the freedom and liberty that we enjoy. So to Roboter's dad, and for those you Veterans who somehow come across this blog, I tip my hat in your direction and thank you for knowing and showing what it took, the sacrifices being made, the courage high when the odds were high enough. Cheers!!


Well, Roboter wanted me to note that, his father, a veteran of the Second World War, is still going strong at age 86. I think there's a quaint sense of pride that Roboter has for his dad, for such a dilemma as such that presented itself, implications and all. I don't know if any of my family members ever served in the military [though I did once see a pic of my Uncle Raul in a sort of military uniform so there is a chance I do have former-military folk in my family]; I may have to ask Grandpa Eddie the next time I see him. In any case, I tip my hat in the direction of Roboter's dad. :-)

Now, that said, I am, at the moment, exhausted--physically [after working AT LEAST 40 hours this week], mentally [given the extra work I needed to get done this week not including preparing for tomorrow], and emotionally [thank you to the stress at work and the thought of tomorrow]. I still have to rework the blue hair dye too, which I'll be doing first thing tomorrow which means that, I might not really get to sleep in that much after all. Not that I sleep in a lot on Saturdays [unless you count sleeping in until 9 A.M.], but still. My only proper soundtrack is the new gothic mix I'm working on, and if that's the only thing that's saving my sanity then... well...

*sigh* I guess there really isn't much else for me to do at this point. Tonight I'll try to numb myself somehow, but I think that'll be to no avail.

I think I've spent hours trying to put into proper words just how I feel about the fact that I'll be attending my fourth funeral this year tomorrow. I just... hell... words fail me. There really isn't much help in trying to find the words at the moment.

I swear, I'll get myself pulled together by Sunday afternoon. Today's not quite a proper day to put words together on such a subject.

EDIT -
P.S. The new playlist is done for the moment.

"The Queen Is Dead" - The Smiths
"American Soviets" [Instrumental Mix] - CCCP
"Fade to Gray" - Visage
"Marian" - Sisters of Mercy
"New York" - Microchip League
"Desperate But Not Serious" - Adam Ant
"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode
"West End Girls" - Pet Shop Boys
"Bela Lugosi's Dead" - Bauhaus
"Headhunter" - Front 242
"Join In The Chant" - Nitzer Ebb
"Cuts You Up" - Peter Murphy
"Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
"Every Day Is Halloween" - Ministry


Well... it didn't turn out too gothic now, did it?

Until the next round...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me