03 November 2008

Election Eve ~ Chapter 188

"Obama's grandmother just passed. Vaya con Dios."
~ just in from Roboter, 4:47 P.M.


It's rather disheartening when I hear of someone passing away, but it hurts just a bit more when when it happens to someone else. Like in this case, Senator Barack Obama, the Democratic Presidential Candidate. So, today, this post is for her.

Earlier this afternoon I visited the Old Courthouse, now our new Office of Elections, for the first time. For a lack of better words, yeah, it's absolutely amazing.

To view the larger versions and for more info, go here: Quaint Antiquity: The Facebook version.

In the meantime, here are the sized-to-fit-in-this-blog version of the pictures...






























And saving the favorite for last...


And, while I'm still on the theme of Election tomorrow, I don't care who you're voting for. If you're registered to vote and you have already done your early voting, GOOD!! You've made your voice heard! :-)

Now, if you're registered, and have NOT voted, then tomorrow you need to get your ass out there and vote. Because if you don't do so, if you think this government isn't worth your voice, I don't want to hear you bitching about why you don't like the new government in 4 years.

In other words, SHOW UP OR SHUT UP.

In closing, a fairly political song by M.I.A., who I think is made of awesome:
"$20" - M.I.A.


By the way, for those curious, I'm voting for Obama.

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me