20 November 2008

The One-Week-To-Turkey Tradition!

Welcome, Underground Citizens, to another Thursday Tradition post. One week from today exactly it'll be Thanksgiving day and, I do have info concerning that actually. Pay very close attention to the following schedule for the next handful of days:

Tomorrow [Friday 21 November] - The new alto in our Choir, Chrissy, has a concert with the Stetson University Orchestra and, Ani thinks she'd appreciate it if I made an appearance. Sooo... that's where I'll be tomorrow evening. Don't worry, I'll blog up though.
Saturday 22 November - Family holiday picture day. It'll possibly be hectic, but as [Step]Mom's trying to get the main core of the family together--which means my bigger younger brother Robbie better be done with work ASAP!--for this, I'm hoping it'll go alright with not too many problems.
Sunday 23 November - The Celebration of Christ the King. Choir raising the Church roof up a few feet AGAIN; it's also early Thanksgiving Dinner at Grandma Sharon's.
Monday 24 November - Work, possibly blog AND/OR decorate the workplace for Thanksgiving.
Tuesday 25 November - Work, packing up for going out-of-town the next day.
Wednesday 26 November - Work in the A.M. to early P.M., leaving later on for the South Carolina/Georgia border, somewhere along that area, for Thanksgiving. This is also going to be my final post until Sunday 30 November, and the Thursday Tradition will also be moved over to this day in light of the Thanksgiving Holiday the following day.
Thursday 27 November - Happy Thanksgiving Day!!
Friday 28 November - Still out of town...
Saturday 29 November - Returning to Florida. I won't have time to blog as I'll probably be so busy getting adjusted for the next day which will be...
Sunday 30 November - First Sunday of Advent. Also there's an Evensong at 4 in the afternoon so it's back to the Choir Room at 3 for practice. I'll be fairly exhausted by the time it's all over. What a way to end the month of November...

Speaking of Grandma Sharon, I'd received word earlier today via the Prayer Chain I'm involved with that, Grandma Sharon's sister-in-law Auntie Sue has been diagnosed with multiple cancers. And unfortunately the prognosis is not good either. So please--I mean PLEASE--keep my family [and particularly Auntie Sue] in your warm thoughts and prayers.

*whew* That said... the Starian Union Random 20 for today, Thursday 20 November 2008...
Theme: Sisters of Mercy
1] "Marian"
2] "Alice"
3] "I Was Wrong"
4] "Watch"
5] "Flood II"
6] "Nine While Nine"
7] "Train"
8] "Something Fast"
9] "Phantom"
10] "Anaconda"
11] "Valentine"
12] "Walk Away"
13] "Long Train"
14] "Lucretia My Reflection" [Extended Single]
15] "Temple of Love" [1992]
16] "This Corrosion"
17] "Dominion/Mother Russia"
18] "Body Electric"
19] "Burn"
20] "Body and Soul"

The Song of the Week, meanwhile, has NOTHING to do with the SoM...
"Love" - The Sundays


I'm about to put a mix of the Sundays together for next week's roadtrip. The Sundays will be my band of the week for next week's Thursday Tradition which, in the case of next week, will be the Turkey Tradition. The playlist will consist of tracks from their first two albums, Reading, Writing and Arithmetic [from 1990] and Blind [from 1992]. Their third and last album [which was Static and Silence from 1997] wasn't quite so good, so I'm sticking to their essential stuff. Which would be those two albums right there. [By the way, "Here's Where The Story Ends" is from RW+A and "Love" is from Blind so, there ya go.]

*sigh* Well, alrighty. I think I need to take a walk or something. In any case, I'll be around until next Wednesday. Hopefully things will improve with Auntie Sue...

Fingers crossed, until the next round...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me