11 November 2008

Chapter 189 ~ Between the Goth and the Funeral...

For some reason, I seem to have "Marian" by the Sisters of Mercy--yes, the Sisters of Mercy--replaying in my head. After yesterday being exhausting and today just plain irrationally upsetting, I think this might be the proper song of the day. I don't know why... it just, I don't know, it just seems appropriate. Maybe it's the music. Bit in any case, for all I know, it's replaying in my head. That and "Flood II" as well. I think a Sisters of Mercy spotlight might be in order for this week's Thursday Tradition.

Saturday I went to a tea party hosted by my two best friends in the Choir, and it was a quaint four hours of fun, tea and seriously good snacks. And I got to spend time with my two dear pals.

Sunday was the annual Church Fish Fry at the home of the Underhills. [Yes, the family name is Underhill. Don't even start with the jokes!] The Fish Fry was absolute fun, complete with hay rides, horses [thank you trudie for bringing 'em over!], and other surprises. Here are my favorite pics that were taken Sunday afternoon [all of 'em I'd sent to Roboter after I'd taken them, and the album in its entirety with the larger versions will be up tomorrow]...
Lake Daugherty, being the end of the Underhills' backyard!


Homemade vanilla ice cream!!


Trudie with her horse.


A game of badminton.


The boys-vs-girls Tug-o-War... which the girls won, by the way!


Time for a hay ride!!






Returned just in time to catch a pic of Deacon Nana on one of the horses.


And as things dwindled down, all in all a fun time was sure to be had by all.


This week it's all 5 A.M. to 1 P.M., Wednesday evening I have Discipleship class as usual, and Thursday being our favorite day of the week here with the music. But I'll also be busy preparing for what is, unfortunately, my fourth funeral this year. Last Wednesday, Store Manager Joel sent Grill Team member Elena home early so she could help take care of her father, who was very ill.

Sadly, word was received two days afterwards [last Friday] that her father had passed away.

So this Saturday, I'll be joining the funeral-attending team from our Store to be there for Elena at the funeral. I know, I don't really know the deceased, but this is my friend Elena here. She's in her late-20's... maybe early-30's? Still kinda young to lose a father. And I know it's going to be very difficult for me to go through this, but I have to be strong--if anything--for Elena's sake. Sure, I'll be emotionally spent by the time all this is over. Sure, I'm going to get all bent-up and half-past emo. And yes, chances are I'll need a Kleenix. I just don't do funerals very well. Yet I go through 'em anyway, as death is a part of life. But even Saint Paul got it right when he said--and mind you the Choir sang this as our anthem two days ago!!--

If we believe that Jesus died and rose again,
even so them also who sleep in Jesus,
will God bring with him.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

~ 1 Thessalonians 4: 14, 18

One thing more--and kinda saving this for last--Roboter's dad is a veteran. And as today IS Veterans' Day for us American Underground Citizens, I believe a proper moment of salute is in order for those who fought for the sake of our country and the freedom and liberty that we enjoy. So to Roboter's dad, and for those you Veterans who somehow come across this blog, I tip my hat in your direction and thank you for knowing and showing what it took, the sacrifices being made, the courage high when the odds were high enough. Cheers!!

In closing, and before I forget, and as a minor little preview for this week's Thursday Tradition, yes. One of the songs I heard on Sunday Night Vinyl [it was a special Sisters of Mercy edition], and probably the Song of the Week if I can't find "Marian"...
"Flood II" - Sisters of Mercy


*sigh* I suppose dinner is in order. I haven't eaten since breakfast, and I'm going to need it after a very long day spent in near-hell. Something to that effect. I can't be so entirely sure at the moment.

Until the next round...

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me