06 November 2008

Life, Liberty, and the Thursday Tradition!

Welcome to the post-Election-Day version of the Thursday Tradition! For one, let me just say, quaintly, that Tuesday was nothing short of fantastic! I voted after work and then, after stopping by the Obama HQ in town, accompanied Kit to the polls. But not before having a pic with an Obama look-alike!

The collage of Election Day [also known as my Facebook pic. lol!]
*clicky thumbnail!!*


And on that note, yes, I do believe that it's right about time for our regularly-scheduled whim of the week...

The Starian Union Radio Random 20 for today, Thursday 6 November 2008
1] "Finish Line" - Michael
2] "Thunderstruck" - AC/DC
3] "You Don't Know Me" - Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor
4] "White Riot" - The Clash
5] "Sub-Culture" - New Order
6] "Little Thoughts" - Bloc Party
7] "Always On The Run" - Lenny Kravitz
8] "She's Lost Control" - Joy Division
9] "Another Morning Stoner" - Trail of Dead
10] "Lost In The Supermarket" - The Clash
11] "$20" - M.I.A.
12] "Setting Sun" - The Chemical Brothers
13] "Who's Your Daddy?" - Benny Benassi
14] "Halo" - Depeche Mode
15] "Every Day Is Halloween" - Ministry
16] "Streets of Philadelphia" - Bruce Springsteen
17] "The Back of Love" - Echo and the Bunnymen
18] "I Want You" - Marvin Gaye
19] "Hip Hop Be Bop" [12" version] - Man Parrish
20] "The Damned Don't Cry" - Visage

*Song of the Week* ~ When I heard this tune earlier this morning I went, OH HELL YEAH!! This is my all-time favorite song by him and, while I'm not quite the biggest fan of his he does have some very good stuff. And this is one of 'em. And it's also a Song of the Week, from the Indie Intelligence files.
"Always On The Run" - Lenny Kravitz


From the Old-School Alternation for the Song of the Week, I heard this tune at work today and sang along to it. It felt very good to hear a song like this at work. Because believe me, that does NOT happen very often, or even at all. Almost as rare as hearing the full 10-minute "Disco Inferno" or [even more rare] "Do You Wanna Dance?" by the Ramones...

I think you get the idea...
"[Don't You] Forget About Me" - Simple Minds


And speaking of... hee hee...
"Disco Inferno" [the full 10-minute version!] - The Trammps


Don't worry--next week it'll get even more random, just y'all watch!!

Until the next round...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO SUNNY! :D

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me