25 May 2008

Chapter 130: One By One I'll Knock Ya Out!!

It seems that, the song of the day being "Cellphone's Dead" by Beck, I'm still stuck on last-Friday-night mode. Went to catch Ani and his best pal Barbara at Coffee Bistro 101, then Benny Loco at Caffe daVinci afterwards, Friday night. Awesome night all around.

Two other songs that made some good noise inside were the DFA Remix of "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. and the Soulwax Remix of "Get Innocuous!" by LCD Soundsystem. Overall Benny Loco's mix set was incredible. I loved it!!

Benny Loco mixes it up at Caffe daVinci - Friday 23 May 2008

In other [and, er, not-so-good] news, fellow Chorister Connie's husband passed away this week; funeral's next Sunday afternoon so, :-\ yeah. It's bound to be a long week this week.

More later, when I can think a bit more proper...

~ me

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me