22 May 2008

Chapter 127: *sigh* There's Gotta Be More to Life Than a Quarter-Life Crisis

Song of the night: "Loungin" by LL Cool J [what!?]

Okay... so this week, I've been a bit, erm, bitch-happy.

Yesterday the only weak area of my ceiling fell DOWN [see yesterday's Chapter 126] and, while thankfully it was only on the stove, it's only the beginning of matters.

Siren is also about to head out to Iowa for his 10-week internship, which means that I won't be able to see him again until July, when his sister gets married to *hello!* Agathangelos. [Yes, I am dating my friend the Good Angel's future brother-in-law. All of a sudden, this world got even smaller.] With that comes his being so God-awful busy it's almost impossible to want to send him a text. So, I haven't really opted to trouble him further with my disasters.

Speaking of the wedding, I have to find a properly good pair of shoes to match my dress. And while I have two months to fight and figure it out, it's not like I go through this often. So, hopefully the shoe issue will be resolved soon... maybe.

This week, it's been all 5 A.M. until God only knows when. I'm off Saturday and Sunday, but what the ish am I to do on Saturday? *sigh* I don't really know. Saturday's when Siren leaves for Iowa. So what's a princess to do when on her off-day her cowboy's leaving for 10 weeks?

Simple--mope like hell.

I haven't had the chance to work on re-blue-ing my hair as of yet. Too much going on, especially with work and, of course, my falling-apart ceiling. And adding to it, I really don't intend to go to family dinner Saturday night, simply because then I'll simply glare all night. Especially at [Step]Mom, because she was the one who found me my current apartment. I already gave her advance warning that I planned on not attending, for fear that my ill-attitude that might hurt the occassion. I can't afford to let that happen.

Now, ranting a bit about my apartment situation--God forbid that I may have to find another place to live that's close to both the Underground and my job, that I can actually afford. Right now my current place is $500/month, utilities included [yeah, it's a small efficiency apartment, yay], 20-minute walk one way to work, 20-minute walk the other way to the Underground. And I've been living here for about a year so far, so then... how the hell...

how the hell could things begin to go wrong after a year?

Really, things have been hectic since I turned 24 last October. Life's been nothing short of a chaos-go-round the past near-7 months. I'm actually scared of turning 25, the big Quarter-Centennial. Seriously. I'm not looking forward to it at all. In fact, I'm already in the middle of my quarter-life crisis.

I've been isolating myself and talking only to my coworkers [oh, and Hikari (Casey), my ex, 'cause he's my buddy, so why the heck not?] because, right now, they're the only people I've got left to talk to. The Choral Season's drawing to a close this Sunday upcoming [which means a LOT less people to vent to]. Everybody's going to be busy with vacation. The closest I'll be having to a vacation is the weekend of the wedding--leave Friday evening 11 July, return early Sunday morning 13 July, spend Monday and Tuesday recovering, back to work on Wednesday 16 July [which has prompted me to say, "Vacation? WHAT VACATION!?"].

Really, I could take the rest of the week off, but unfortunately as I am just a 7.80/hour minimum-wage working-class punk I can't afford to. And of course my $600 tax rebate from the U.S. Government won't be in until next month, but that's going to be for [hopefully with my Uncle Leo's help] a vehicle so I can at least get to work and back.

Welcome to the quarter-life crisis that is my life. I need a Kleenex, stat.

~ Sunshine

No comments:

[What goes down in the Underground...]

Mondays start the new workweek. Wednesdays tend to differ, depending on if I need to work or not--usually I'm off, and usually visiting "Uncle" Joseph. Thursdays is the Daughters of the King meeting night. Fridays and Saturdays are normally hectic--never the same drama twice. Sundays = Church day. I update the blog accordingly, with a rant or two, the occasional music post, and sometimes the most random nonsuch.

So stay tuned, because things are fixing to get interesting... and, save your forks--the best is yet to come...

~ me